Official LSU vs Tennessee SECCG Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

I think there is no question the coaching changes and all the talk about that will have some effect the team. If anything, that might have more effect than lack of fan support at the game.

But if the game is close and I think it will be, then fans in the dome could make a difference. We'll just have to see what happens.
    I still think the Tigers take it in a hard close game and bring the third SEC Championship since the conference expanded.

:tigereye:

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

WHAT? Am I sensing some "Cautious optimism" here??? :wink:

3. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

YES, I am cautiously optimistic about this game.:shock:
    You damn pessimist always win out don’t you?
    You are probably a Republican to boot.:eek:

But I still think the Tigers win this one in spite of all the distractions.
    Also, a win or loss in this game won’t change my mind about these guys playing with a lot of heart and emotion and giving it their all and these being the glory years of LSU football.

So all that said, I am a cautiously optimistic Dandydon Homer – accused, admitted and guilty, guilty, guilty.:lol:
    :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule:

2 people like this.
  4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

As much as I respect Tennessee's program and enjoy the fact that you put 100,000 fans in that great stadium of yours every game...

You gotta be sh!tt!ng me. GREAT SONG? :insane: Tradition? Yes. But you don't hear the Tiger band playing Hank Williams' version of Jambalaya everytime we score. Why? Because, for a proud tradition, it SUCKS ROYALLY as a college fight song. Same goes for ....no, I can't even say it.

5. Bandit88

Well, I am NOT a DandyDon homer (which is unfair to Mr Don anyway), and I think your optimism is well founded. Florida CRUSHED the Vols by nearly 40 points and they (Tennessee) are a very inconsistent team. You geaux Mike!

:geaux: :geaux: :geaux:

6. LSUTiga

How many points did Arky score on them?

7. Bandit88

Weak argument. Arky also only scored 7 against Auburn. The Hawgs average 39+ points per game, but they won't score that many EVERY week. Remind me again what we scored against Auburn? Oh yeah, 30. So I guess we will score 23 points more than Arkansas based on your weak argument? I choose to discard that. Don't you?

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We talk about which LSU D will show up.....well it looks like we will have the D that had us consistently screaming at the TV in all those nail biters coming down the stretch.

So I expect a similiar and consistent LSU team to show up.

It's Tennessee that is the much bigger question. This team is all over the frickin map. They could easily stink this one up or play like gangbusters. That will determine the winner more than likely. I called for a close game, but it may be either a close UT win or a blowout win by LSU.

9. LSUTiga

No, I'll stand on it. It shows, as we've seen, that we shouldn't overlook any team. To think it's not possible for them to stop us isn't sound imo. To think we have the potential is but we've seen much bigger upsets happen already. Besides, everyone says how tough our conference is, can the SECe representative not be a formidable opponent?

10. Bandit88

Hold on - I wasn't saying they don't have the potential to stop us. I was originally defending MikeinMemphis who seemed to be taking some heat for being optimistic. That's all.

Although I think we'll win by 20, I FULLY recognize the volatility of this team and the quality of Tennessee's offense.