Official LSU vs Tennessee SECCG Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 25, 2007.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

27 :lsup:

21 pound puppies

2. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

This quote from Hester is a bit disconcerting.

"It seemed like everybody wanted to talk about football," he lamented. "I never could really get away from it. It's something that devastated a lot of people and a lot of fans. It's hard to get that out of your mind … but you've got to."

I hope they don't get pre-occupied with all the non football garbage going on and focus on the player lined up across from them.

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Keys to Game:

1. LSU defense getting to Ainge, either physically or via interceptions
    2. LSU QB not sucking.
    3. LSU special teams playing an above average game.

Tennessee doesn't have the defense to stop the Tigers. So it'll be about minimizing our own mistakes and not allowing Ainge to keep the Vols offense on the field and getting into the Red Zone more than once a quarter.

Even with the injuries, the coaching distraction, the Arkansas loss, and the QB situation, I'm confident.

LSU 47, Tennessee 27

:geaux: :geaux: :geaux:

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I just hope we can get it done that way. We have the talent, can we execute?

5. jimbeaux

jimbeaux "Have a Great Day"

Arky wasnt supposed to have the defense to stop the Tigers either and we werent able to accomplish any of those keys playing Arky. Hopefully it's a different team out there tomorrow.

LSU 31
    UT 28

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

True, but once the offense got rolling, they DIDN'T have the defense to stop us. Problem was, #1-The offense didn't get rolling early enough...and #2-WE didn't have the defense to stop THEM, either.:shock:

7. daddynels

daddynels Freshman

Supposed to be the best defense in College History! What the F! I love LSU, but their defense has lost them 2 games, and a chance at that National Title. Offense had no hype, but if D had been better, we would be undefeated. It all goes back to that illegal (uncalled) chop block on Dorsey. :helmet: :helmet: :lsup: LSU! :helmet: :helmet:

8. TigerNTNichills

TigerNTNichills Founding Member

I will be back after "The Game " I will admit , I do not see my Vols winning but if your Tigers play like they have the last four games , we can beat that team . But if the Team shows up that beat Miss St and VT then we the Vols fans will not hear our great song very much , In fact your band may have to play Rocky Top for us . Oh MY what a thought

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

The offense cost the Tigers the Arky game. We should have been at least 2 TDs ahead by the end of the first half. If we had been it would have been an entirely different game. Then the offense cost us another TD in the 2nd half.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

What has me worried is the attitude of the fans who seem to feel that this game is a let down. Who ever thought that getting to play for the SEC conference was like kissing your kid sister. Many ticket holders have sold their tickets - often to Volunteer fans. If that deplorable attitude rubs off on the team, it can be a long day for the Tigers. I think a team is affected by the attitude of its fans, and that has me worried. If the team feels the fans don't care if we win or lose, neither will the team.