Official LSU vs Tennessee SECCG Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 25, 2007.

1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Type: Package

Delivered On: 11/27/2007 1:53 P.M.

I may be speeding home today. Traffic permitting.

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

How about the Florida win? Or the Auburn win? Or the Alabama win? How about the crushing defeat of VT and Tulane and Miss State? Or the solid win over Ole Miss on the road? Do you forgive and forget those too?

Perhaps you would only not be offended by 13 straight 35-point trouncings?

Analysis and dialogue is one thing, but saying you need a win over Tennesse to FORGIVE and FORGET a group of college students, who have the discipline to attend class AND work every evening harder than almost anyone of us ever has, that might be a lack of perspective.

You should give them a break and get over yourself - just a little.

Sorry, yall. As much as I was hanging onto those dreams of crystal footballs, I hate to think some of the players are reading crap like that without a little retort....so here it is.

:geaux: :geaux: :geaux:

1 person likes this.
  3. TC

TC Le Big Mac

I agree with most of this. I like Tennessee in a close game. But if it's a blowout, it'll definitely be UT big over LSU, the Tigers perhaps not showing up after the disappointment last Friday and the coaching rumors swirling all over the place.

The Tiger D was challenged by Lee Corso WEEKS ago. He called them frauds on national TV! Surely, one would think, that would fire them up and make them play better. Nope. They've only gotten worse since then.
    UT's offense is tremendous, and LSU hasn't faced a no-huddle all year. Last time they faced an excellent pocket passer, Andre Woodson sliced and diced 'em. UT also has a better running game and better special teams than UK.

LSU O? I'll bet CLM sticks with an injured Matt Flynn just as long as he can. He is hard-headed that way, and it may cost the Tigers the game. I think RP gives LSU the best shot, but no way CLM gives him a chance to play unless LSU falls way behind early.

Honestly, LSU just looks beat up and exhausted. Last time they looked that way, as I recall, was vs. Georgia in 2005. Dawgs 34, LSU 14.

4. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Dandy Don has reported that a lot of LSU fans (obviously season ticker holders) and selling their SECCG tickets, and the Tennessee fans are getting a good number of them. It is a disgrace for an LSU fan to sell his ticket to a Tennessee fan. If you want to sell it, sell it to an LSU fan. What a shame some "fans" so little regard for their team as to sell their tickets to opponent fans.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Sounds like you've got it all figured out. If what you're saying is true, I guess you want to just cancel the game and hand UT the SEC, right?

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately for us, we have too many fair weather fans like TC and LsuCraig who fail to see the opportunity placed in front of this team. High expectations aren't a bad thing, but unrealistic expectations are cancers that divide the fan base and we're seeing that now.

6. khounba

khounba Founding Member

We buy some of our tickets from UT fans when we LSU makes it to the SECCG. 50 yard line, 1st row, face value. So I do my part.

7. jimbeaux

jimbeaux "Have a Great Day"

UT travels well to ATL...i just hope i'm not sitting in the middle of a bunch of them in sec 303. I'm punchin the first guy that yells "woo" in my ear during Rocky Top

8. TC

TC Le Big Mac

I'm not a fair-weather fan. I always cheer for the Tigers. In fact, the very next day after LSU's loss to Arky, I went out and bought a beautiful new LSU hooded sweatshirt. It's white with purple letters trimmed in gold and cost me quite a piece of change.

I am a high school teacher, and my entire classroom is decorated in purple and gold with GEAUX LSU TIGERS! spelled out on the bulletin board.

My home office from which I write this post is a shrine to LSU.

So don't judge me. I love LSU. Nevertheless, I think they'll lose to UT. Doesn't mean that I've given up on them. Just means I have reasons to doubt them. As any logical fan should at this point. :eek:ldskule:

9. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Totally understandable to take a position that LSU won't win. Fair weather fans are those that don't show up unless the Tigers are winning, not those who have a different opinion of the probable outcome of a game.

10. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I am also one of those fans who is very concerned about the game against the Vols with the defense nicked up so bad, and after the demoralizing lost last week.

Hope the team does some soul searching and mental regrouping. I think they can still pull through if they truly are hungry enough for this win.