Official LSU vs South Carolina Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Sep 16, 2007.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I can think of some other things "Unlike Miami" too: 1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001.

How many NC titles does SC have again? :lol:

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

ClaraDawg changed teams? Were you too ashamed to come back and eat crow?

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

No, I'd say not bad.

You do get props for the Jawja game.

Although Ball State and Notre Dame have better passing defenses....so that stat is probably not a good one to hang your hat on all by itself.

And I probably wouldn't hoist 29th in total defense up the flag pole.

Your rushing defense is - not good - I quit counting how many are higher than yours.

So - again - I doubt we have a defensive battle.

But you do get props for last year's close calls (even though they were all - um - last year) and for this year's kick-o-rama between the hedges.

It will be an enjoyable two quarters. Save some beer for the second half.:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  4. tboneboss

tboneboss Freshman

Miami is not the team they were in the past. Maybe they will get it back, but for the last few years they are down. This will be a better test for LSU this weekend. They have a great defense but having stopped Middle Tenn., Miss St., and Va. Tech (which is not that good offensively this year) is not overwhelming. We held Miss St. and Middle Tenn. to 7 pts. total last year too. Hopefully we can give the mighty Tigers a game.

5. superfly

superfly Freshman

I am not sure what you mean by this. I can only guess you think I am some flamer that came here before. I am not. I just signed on to get a feel on how the LSU fans thought the game would turn out Sat. Not to talk trash. Only idiots do that. I am a USC fan and we just beat the Dawgs so I am no Dawg. I think any team in the SEC could have a winning record in any other conference in the country. We play the best because we are the best. I wish you luck Sat....but I wish us more .....The SEC will produce the next NC and thats a fact.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Just giving the opposition a hard time. Wrong Dawgs by the way. A Miss. St. fan came on here for a while leading up to that game, and his posts sounded eerily similar to yours.

7. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Auburn was the only team to beat Florida last year. Count your blessings the field goal missed, it's obviously an omen.

8. msully

msully Founding Member

South Carolina you must have something to do with the tailgate news they say it will be a close game LSU to win by a TD !

9. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

and that's the only thing on your side (and that only barely so)!

:geauxtige

10. lmcocky

lmcocky Freshman

This is going to be a good game. Our D is pretty damn good too. Our offense could choose this game to come out of their shell, and Blake Mitchell could choose this game to take his head out of his ass. We can move the ball.

My gamecocks have been overmatched and outgunned in every game against top-tier SEC opponents, and still manage to win some of those. So having 22 future NFL hall-of-fame robotic cyborg killing machines starting for you guys doens't mean much to this team. They've seen teams that are far more talented than they are--and have beaten them. That's nothing new to them, and they'll be looking to do the same Saturday.

As good as LSU is, they are not good enough to play flat, make mistakes, and still expect to beat this team. They will still have to bring it. And they will, which is why I think this is going to be a helluva game.