Official LSU vs South Carolina Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Sep 16, 2007.

1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

What you talking about? ULL is loaded. :hihi:

2. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

Tell y'alls defense to look out for #1, #5, #8, #11, #15, #18, #26, #32, #80, #86 and #87

That's a lot of players to keep an eye on, good luck with that. :thumb:

2 people like this.
  3. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Haven't we seen this posted before from ClaraDawg?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 person likes this.
  4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

It could happen. Neither the laws of science nor the Bible nor the Quran nor the Torah prohibit it. Therefore, the faithful have hope.

And not much else.

:grin:

5. Bridgersjohn89

Bridgersjohn89 Freshman

I would like to begin by saying that the LSU team of 2007 is probably the best team to play college Football since the USC Trojans of 2004-2005. The speed and strength on defense, added in with the amazing passing and rushing weapons on offense makes this a nearlu unbeatable team. This is why I must applaude the skill of this Football team. Unfortunately though, I am currently a student at the University of South Carolina, so I must say that i'll be cheering for the Gamecocks come Saturday.

I have fully analyzed this game, and i will try to give an unbiased view of what I think will happen. The first note is that Carolina has no depth at quarterback. Blake Mitchell looked relatively good against Georgia, and dreadful against SC State (i was at both games, i would know). This is why Spurrier is going to go against his traditional offense, and use the running game, which involves Cory Boyd and Mike Davis. Spurrier will also try to use Wide Recievers on possible reverses, or trick plays. USC's first drive will be a slow drive, don't expect many passes from Blake early.

I really do feel that the Carolina Football team can keep it close early, with the depth at WR, and HB, and good leadership on the field. I must also say that LSU will have a few problems scoring early, especially with the pass. This is why I would expect Les Miles to incorporate Williams and Hester as key players in the game immediately. I know that Perriloux is an unbelievable QB, but he will suffer the same effect as Matthew Stafford if he tries to take the game into his hands.

If Flynn is able to start, the result of the pass game will be no different. USC's secondary is absolutely unbelievable, and can compare to LSU's. The score at the end of one quarter will be LSU 3, USC 0. In the second quarter, LSU will get a big drive on one good pass play, and a thorough running game. They'll also get a field goal to go with it. USC will get the running game going and disect the LSU defense, Succop will kick two field goals. This will make it a 13-6 LSU lead at halftime. LSU will have a weak third quarter after Carolina realizes that they're only down 7 to the number 2 team in the nation. This is why they will score a TD in the third, and hold LSU to a field goal. The score will be 16-13 LSU after three quarters.

In the fourth quarter, LSU will establish the strong offense, and the defense will toughen its resolve. LSU will score 14 in the fourth quarter, and USC will score 3. The final score will be 30-16 LSU, a 14 point Tiger victory. The Gamecocks have a good team, but LSU's depth and skill will be too much to overcome. LSU must be cautious about one thing though. After beating a top 10 team at home by over 40 points, they might come in a little overconfident. If they exemplify this trait, then Carolina could start off with a big play (it happened in the Carolina game against SC State). LSU has a 95% chance of winning this game, but if they're not careful, that 5% could come back and bite the Tigers, and their chance at a National Championship.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

IwouldliketostartbysayingOMyGawdThatsalonganddensepost.

Now, I'll go back and attempt to read it!

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Holtz.........is that you?

J/P and welcome to the forum. :thumb:

8. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

I dont want to sound rude... but...

LMFAO @ anyone who thinks this will be close...

I keep hearing about how USC stuck with florida last year.. blah blah

How they think that defense is great and how the offense is suppose to have a "break out game" against the best defense in the country? I mean cmon people I could dunk shaq.. just maybe... tell him to close his eyes and turn around and someone hold his arms down...

If it doesnt rain..

LSU 45
    USC 17 (14 points after the games over.. they could prob move the ball against our 2-3 string)

If it rains....

LSU 34
    USC 10

Our offense will man handle these chumps...

I love the team spirit I am seeing but realisticly, USC doesnt have a chance even thought I am sure Steve will open the play book with a lot of trick plays n such. Sadly, our speed on defense will overcome his trickiness.

gg, hope ya'll fans that come down enjoy a sat in BR :)

9. PHSfb#2

PHSfb#2 Freshman

man theres some real jokesters around here. its pretty funny. look for the brinkley boys to be schooled. haha. yea i believe we had the brinkley boys last year and they only faced the national champions, which i may remind lsu they got beat by alot more than the gamecocks did, gamecocks lost 17-16. we also played #2 auburn. but i guess none of those count for having good offenses

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

LOL A combined 33 points in two games......Yeah, that's reasons to call an offense good, 16 and 17 points in respective games and LAST year's team. :dis:

[​IMG]