Official LSU vs. Notre Dame Sugar Bowl Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by saltyone, Dec 3, 2006.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Yes, indeed! Great postgame interview -- Les has class.

:geauxtige

2. whodatnot

whodatnot I'm taking the day off

I think many will agree with you. Total domination of two hyped programs.

Is it just me or did we see the same increase in confidence of Les this year as we've seen with JR? For some reason he seemed more in control of the game as the season wore on.

Another thing the annoucers mentioned is when you play LSU ball, you play the athletes to win. All we heard was Quinn to #83 all night, but on LSU you had, vincent, hester, williams, bowe, doucet, Lafell, Holliday, JR, Jackson, who all touched the ball and made yards. THAT'S what recruits want to see. Playing time!

What a great game, uhh butt whipping on the Damers.

BTW, did you guys see the $aban $ellout poster before the game on FOX. Classic, I didn't think fox would show any.
    :eek:ldskule: :helmet: :tigerhead :geauxtige LSU! :crystal: :eek:ldskule:

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Matt Flynn will be the start next year if JR goes pro.

When you have a schedule and a team that has a shot at a national title run, you DO NOT put the ball in the hands of an unproven QB--especially when you have a former Bowl MVP QB as well. Can you imagine the uproar if RP blows a game because of poor decision...or bad play??? When Matt Flynn is still on the team??? You think what JR went through was bad???? So, at this point, RP is unproven. "Potential" doesn't win starting jobs. He'll get his chance. Miles isn't going to outright name the starter in spring--he'll stay "mum" until August--same as this year. RP will get more playing time to show what he really has, but it'll be in mop-up duty or in the event of injury to Flynn.

And while I'm not going to say that RP won't, or can't, or shouldn't beat out Flynn at some point, I will say in confidence that RP won't be the "starter" come the opening game of '07.

4. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Here is hoping we see enough of both to keep RP happy, and also to throw the defense off a little bit. I think a 2 QB system can work if used properly. I would love to see a matt mauck national championship run by Matt but can't wait to see what Ryan P can do either, and it's not like we signed him to sit on the bench for 3 years.

5. BostonBengal

No, but worst-case is that RP still has 2 years with the job all to himself. Reguardless of whether RP is happy with whatever playing time he earns next year, unless he wants to go I-AA, he still would have to wait another year to be a starter (if he doesn't win the job outright over Flynn).

I don't doubt RP's potential....but I'm all about putting my faith in what I already know (Flynn) to start '07 until RP shows he belongs.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

did ND get a first down the second half? im pretty sure i remember four 3 and outs which was until their last possession.

didnt hear it mentioned so i suppose they had one late.

7. BostonBengal

I doubt it.

LSU outgained the Irish 330 yards to 30 in the 2nd half! :shock:

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Think they had one on the first play of the 2nd half. They ran 4 plays that series. Less than 50 yards total offense.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

damn missed the first play before the long delay/review. i wanted zero first downs.

10. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I misunderstood...I thought you meant wait through two seasons...you meant the season after next. I can see that.