OFFICIAL LSU vs KY GAME THREAD

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Oct 13, 2007.

1. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

cal and OU still have to win today (they both have slim leads at this point) a loss by either will help us greatly.

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I still believe we can win the remainder of our games. Several things we'll have to happen though.

1) Flynn needs to find a rhythm and Perrilloux needs to get a few more snaps (including throwing the ball),

2) Continue rotating RBs BUT if one gets hot (like Charles Scott today) stick with them,

3) Get Doucet back (no one else has stepped up as a big-time WR),

4) Get rid on "punt ugly",

5) NEVER attempt a FG unless it's for the win,

6) Stop rotating every play on offense to avoid the substitution, motion, and offsides penalties,

7) Sit any player who commits a stupid personal foul.

NONE of our players should be celebrating on the field this season after today's performance. I just can't believe how you can't "get up" for every game. It's college and you only get to play in a handful of games. Even playing Tulane should get your blood flowing.

3. The40Acres

The40Acres Founding Member

Like I said, I just don't see it. Even though I would like to see LSU get there.

4. SpartanCaptain

SpartanCaptain Founding Member

Whiners jumping off the bandwagon? Really? Because I was saying that Les Miles had a horrible gameplan? Because our formations were bad? Because I have never trusted Matt Flynn?

Ha whats funny is that you both are ignorant and can not here any other view than Les Miles is my Lord and Savior. I'm sorry to say it but Les Miles has been winning with Saban's recruits and the recruiting base that he left here when he took over. He is the reason Les Miles tends to get SOME good players and few great players. I will always cheer for my Tigers but I like to vent every once in a while when I believe my team could have performed better. And yes I said MY Tigers because I have been a life long fan ever since my momma popped me out in this great state of Louisiana. Sorry Pal:bncry:

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

That may be your last post here. Choose your next words wisely. :thumb:

6. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Re: When you allow the refs to decide the game....they'll decide the game.

I don't know what game you watched, but the officiating was not bad.

7. SpartanCaptain

Ha sorry I got the name wrong but the play right regardless, and yeah i was saying that about Jacob Hester last week and the week before, etc.. because he is a fantastic player and can still get snaps at FB but Williams and Scott are more capable as all around featured backs, they are both all-americans in the makings.

P.S. That was one play I can not blame Flynn for being that ZINGER had that ball in his hands and muffed it.

8. icloud77

icloud77 Freshman

I'm so very sick of this. Ryan Perrilloux should not only have been in more, but been in the entire game. He is quicker and when (they do allow him to throw) releases the ball quicker. This stupid loyalty to Flynn has hurt the team, and caused this upset.
    Flynn not only under-threw a wide open receiver but over-threw another late in the game for a critical 3rd down.
    How many times can he make bad decisions and still get put back in the game.
    Know what worked early on? The option with RP and any RB.. we didn't see any of that in the 2nd half.
    Once we get RP with a constant run threat, our pass game becomes lethal.
    I'm also sick of everyone saying our receivers can't catch, maybe that's because of all the horrible throws from Flynn.

9. SpartanCaptain

Well if its my last post then............
    GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!:crystal:

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I think we'll be praising Lafell, Byrd, and especially Tolliver someday...BUT NOT TODAY! If they would run the correct routes, not commit penalties, and most importantly CATCH THE DAMN BALL...we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Perriloux would be playing more but he screwed up in the offseason which is the fault of one person...PERRILOUX! Most of us want to win but also believe you earn the right to wear the Tigers' colors. Had he kept his nose clean, he would've had more practice time, more repetitions, and would be getting more playing time.

Am I personally interested in winning at all costs?...NO! Earn it AND be a winner off the field as well.