Official LSU vs Bama predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 29, 2007.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's the root of the pre-game hype that I have referred to. Hester made the comment in yesterday's paper that Saban didn't allow the LSU team to "enjoy" the rivalry games. But, Miles is letting the team enjoy it.

It's about the focus.

I said in my first post that the fans, along with Miles, are focused on this being about Saban and I hope that your team isn't. You mention that Bama will be focused on standing up for our coach based on Miles and his success.

The pre-game hype can be defined differently for both teams. Coaches and fan bases are a different story. I know what the concentration is for our staff this week. It's not about beating Miles. It's about playing 60 minutes.

FWIW, Saban isn't playing an underdog angle this week. He's playing an card called effort, concentration, and playing for 60 minutes. I know how he's playing this to the media. I also know how he's playing this to the team. :thumb:

2. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

LSU 34 Bama 6 (Halftime score: LSU 17 Bama 6)

3. bayoupirate

bayoupirate Founding Member

LSU 27
    That other school 24

Neither school needs anything except what is in front of them to get motivated for this one.

I'll be motivated and predict a slow start for our boys which will cost me approximately 3 hours labor and $200 at the Home Depot after the game. I also predict that my heart rate will be about 20-30 beats above my optimum target zone and that my beautiful bride escapes with the kids for a couple of hours to save them from suffering any long term hearing loss or learning any new adjectives. :geaux:

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Hmm..let's see. You guys have not beaten us in 4 years, only once in the last 7 years, we are ranked #3 in every poll, the favorite to win the SECC and NC, you are tied with our record(at the moment), normal expectations of Saban because of size of salary, abnormal expectations because it's bama, you get cable broadcasts just like everywhere else in the world so you have seen the hype machine just like LSU has.

Yeah I can see how we would be just another game to casually prepare for. Sure, that makes sense...:lol:

1 person likes this.
  5. TheDude

You didn't say that before:

Looks like a pretty casual approach to me, despite the "process" of preparation. The implication is certainly there.

But you imply that on our side things may be different.

Your coaching staff more capable of keeping their players focused on the task at hand instead of the hype? Miles is clearly inferior. That what you are subtly shooting for?

6. TheDude

Where have you seen or heard this? I have read just the opposite, and Miles' comments were made days before Saban issued his.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Our offensive line dominates and we only score 20 points offensively. Huh?

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We would be #1. I really think we will hold up over both Oregon or ASU. ASU is too far back in the human polls and Oregon is not going to be strong enough in the computer polls to overtake us. Even if they do at seasons end, the SEC CG will vault us pass them.

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Well, I meant we seal it with a pick and then score offensively, but line control doesn't equal a certain point total..too many other factors.

10. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

thanks islstl, I thought it might, but hey...who can predict computers, not me, and I"ve been working on the dang things since 1980.

:LSU231::LSU231::LSU231::LSU231::LSU231::LSU231: