Official LSU vs. Alabama Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 2, 2008.

1. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

No doubt Lee player horrible and was utterly pathetic. Fact is though he should have been replaced so a ton of blame goes to Miles for that. Also the play calling was very suspect. The D played fairly well. A lot of missed tackling but still their best effort. Quite a few dropped passes yet again also hurt when Lee did actually throw a good pass.

2. ThatBamaFan

ThatBamaFan Founding Member

It's a shame, but this is one of those games where both sets of fans feel let down. Both teams made enough mistakes to lose two ballgames. I don't think we can fault the effort of either team, though.

Boy, that holding call hacked me off. :)

As sloppy as both teams played, I have to say that this was one of the most enjoyable Bama/LSU games I've seen. And I would say so if you guys had won. It's fun to watch young men laying it on the line like our guys did today.

3. Bamalumni1

Bamalumni1 Founding Member

Is it just me, or was the officiating in this game way below par? I don't think it was biased either way, and both teams got some bad calls, but the officiating was just sloppy and inconsistent.

4. Kino74

Kino74 Founding Member

SEC refs are always horrible.

5. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

He's got a decent arm? What game were you watching? My daughter can throw better than Lee was throwing tonight. There wasn't any power on most of his throws.
    I guess the worst thing about it, is after he threw the interceptions and every other time he's given the ball up through his play, his expression never changes. You'd think you could see some remorse or anguish on his face because he's let his team, his fans and his university down once again, but there's nothing there. If a person feels he is making mistakes, then he takes corrective measures so that he's learns from those mistakes. Lee hasn't apparently learned anything, because he's getting worse rather than improving.

6. Bamalumni1

Guess we know all that talk about Les being more than Saban will ever be was wrong, huh? Les is a good coach but he's no Saban.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

So they're 1-1, right?

8. Bamalumni1

Right. Miles beat Saban in Saban's first year taking over a down program. In only Saban's second year and Miles in his fourth season and playing with mostly his own recruits, Saban won. Saban's win looks like a little more of an accomplishment. I'm NOT putting Miles down by any means. I think he's one of the best coaches in the country. I just think Saban's a little better. Mostly, I was just making a bit of a joke about the pic on ESPN.com of the woman holding the sign that said "Les is way more than Saban will ever be."

9. bamanky

bamanky Freshman

I though I'd stop by for a moment and send my condolences to the team that almost won...we did and ROLL TIDE< ROLL!!!

10. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Bama's o-line got away with plenty of holds. To be fair, the LSU line probly got away with a few also but I didn't notice because I was covering eyes tryin not to watch the INTs.