Official LSU vs Alabama Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Oct 21, 2007.

1. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

Put your Bama squad in our shoes and play the 8th toughest schedule in the nation against the toughest SEC East squads... you'd be lucky to pull 3-4 wins out of it. Good luck on Nov. 3rd... I wish you luck but Bama will go down.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I know the post was in jest but our corners don't switch sides. Chevis is the RCB and Zenon is the LCB.

Plus, we have DB's that can go up and get the ball, unlike most that have challenged DJ. I do believe he is the best receiver not named Earl Bennett though.

3. edyel

edyel edyel

Agreed.

4. kane4lsu

kane4lsu Freshman

agreed plus doucet kicked major ass against auburn saturday..with him at full speed and flynn is really impressive here lately.. i think him and doucet will easily put up 21+ on bama;)

5. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

Our Defense will score 7 too.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I don't know if I can agree with that. I think Bennett will be outstanding his senior year, but considering their production so far this year Hall is having a better campaign. Hall has 4 more receptions through 8 games that Bennett through 7 but over 200 yards more than Bennett.

The Nickson / Bennett combination next year is going to be interesting to watch. I wonder if anyone will be looking at Bobby Johnson to make a move to a bigger program.

Bennett would have been a great pick-up if Shula would have paid attn. to him. It was a numbers crunch situation there with most of the focus centered on the OL if I recall correctly.

7. Carface

Carface What the...?

It's going to be a loooooong two weeks.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4sxsyhg2BQ[/media]

8. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

....Even longer year if we win! :thumb: :wink:

I mean this is the year of the upset and all...

9. atuck23

atuck23 Founding Member

The scheme is to watch JP's eyes. He loves to stare down his receiver. When he's going to Hall, you'll know. I look for Steltz to have at least 2 INTs Nov. 3. He's due for a couple of them.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You could say that about his eyes, but DJ's routes are simple. If the receiver is playing him inside, he's going out...and vice versa. Play the safety up on his side and he's going down the middle.

You have to ask yourself if it'll be DJ in his safety zone as well. Lining DJ up in the slot with another WR and it'll be single coverage.

Float a LB over and it'll be attacked by the TE crossing route, the other slant pattern from the opposite end, a draw up the middle.

It's not as predictable an offense as you've seen the last 4 years.