Official LSU Class of 2015

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 3, 2015.

1. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Once again, passing game = QB + OL + WR + TE + OC calling plays. BTW, glad you don't despite Jennings....you would probably put a contract out of him if you did huh? At least you have people who understand the game better than you do and can teach you, grasshopper.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I want more than ANYTHING for the kid to turn it around, but not holding my breath. Harris has no excuses next year if he doesn't start.

Though while I say that, I do remember J Lee playing as good as any and being subbed for JJ.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

We had 1st round talent on the Oline last year at multiple spots.

We have elite WR's

We have Elite RB's

Our OC just came off a campaign that set LSU records and SEC records.

We even have TE's that can block and catch.

You know what we DONT have???

Brian and shane0911 like this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yet some will tell you that Harris doesn't know the play book, doesn't work hard in practice, has leadership issues and a whole host of other reasons as to why he isn't starting.

I call 100% Grade A bullshit. Brandon Harris was one of the most sought after kids on the market. Am I supposed to believe that he lacks all those skills? Didn't he win a state championship?
    Am I supposed to believe that not only the great Les but SO many other great coaches missed the boat on that?

That dog just won't hunt

ParadiseiNC and LSUpride123 like this.
  5. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Good call...

6. shane0911

Kid has probably been playing QB for most of his life and suddenly he just brain dumps everything?

Yeah they will have to come with a little more than that.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the knock on him is he's immature and he displayed that with his little twitter replies/retraction after a couple games. and that means hes not ready to command a huddle so to speak.

then again, les dangling the carrot promising him he's playing each week needed to stop. just outright lying isnt good for his psyche. i mean, i knew he wasnt going to play but the kid himself didnt.

but you know what commands a huddle quicker than anything? a qb who can complete passes and win games. something jennings has shown he cant do while harris has shown glimpses of star potential.

getting everyone involved in the passing game is also needed and hes shown the capability of finding secondary receivers in very limited snaps. unlike 10 locking on to 83 every single game. being that predictable has disaster written all over it and is a big reason why our passing game was so ineffective.

Brian and Bengal B like this.
  8. shane0911

I might buy into that. Maybe. I say that is Les fault for not keeping them off of social media, he is a kid, he is frustrated and he lashed out. So I guess his punishment was to watch the team struggle.

And if that (immaturity) were truly the case Jay Cutler would have never played a down outside of Jr. High.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hilarious because i was thinking exactly what you said in your last sentence when i typed it.

10. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

What you should be able to comprehend is playing QB in college....NOT remotely the same as in HS. That is why only a very small percentage of QBs from HS are able to make it in college. And things like how hard of worker you are and how much you want the job is next to impossible to evaluate in a HS kid. A lot of the higher rated kids out of HS never had to work hard to dominate. I saw Chancey Aguayere (LSU player) play DL in HS. He was a holy terror and dominated the LOS. But he shot gaps in HS because he was quick for his size. His bench press was that of a CB in HS. He never got stronger. Thus, he played some for LSU including recovering a key fumble for Arkansas to turn around that game but never started for LSU. (maybe he did on SR day) So if you don't understand the jump needed to go from HS to college, I can't explain it to you. Most people already realize it.