Official LSU/Bama Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Feb 22, 2005.

1. FriedBoudinBall

FriedBoudinBall Founding Member

yeah, except the first team we play will realize we cannot beat a zone because brady's offensive coordinator is absent.

however, i hope they do well...the key to the season is tack minor...i hate to say it but his play dicates how they do...when he plays well distributing, shooting when open, they do very well.

2. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

Great game for the tigers. Awesome crowd for the national tv cameras as well. BIG Shout out to who ever made the decision to pass out purple and gold colored t-shirts to the fans. It looked GREAT on TV.

P.S. Majeras (sp?) just said on the news that LSU is a lock for the tourney.

GEAUX TIGERS

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

According to Channel 9, actual attendance was 9,500...

4. phildman

phildman Founding Member

thanks

5. Abuapu

Abuapu Founding Member

I was at the game, and that game was awesome. Tack kicked ass tonight. Man that was a sweet game.

6. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

This was really the first LSU b-ball game I've gotten to see this year... can someone remind me why some people hate Brady and want him fired? They look pretty darn good to me. Hopefully Bass stays for his junior year. I'm getting tired of chickensh!it Kentucky coaches talking about how great LSU players are --- Rick the Dick Pitino came out and said Shaq was "too big" for college ball and should go pro ... now Blubby Smith is saying how great Bass is ... in other words, please go pro, Brandon! That's why Kentucky will always be my most hated rival in any sport. Dale stuck it to them more than once and it was beautiful.

BTW, did anyone see Barry Bonds' press conf. -- I love the way he sticks it to the media. Frankly, I like Bonds and admire the heck out of his ability; when is the last time a pencil-neck sportswriter hit a homer?

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

WOW!!!!!! Just getting back to my cousin's appt, and i've got to say: WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!! The announced crowd was 9 thousand something... but it seemed like a sh*tload more!!! GREAT CROWD tonight. What a GREAT shot for Neltner! No one deserved it more than he did! And......TACK MINOR!!!!!!!! He's been my favorite player ALLLL season long and his emotion was electric! WOW!!! What A GAME!!!!

8. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

just back from the game - atta boy Ross!! Now, I know I'm going to take some heat for this but here goes....that was absolutely the piss poorest coaching job I've seen in a long time! This victory pretty much seals the deal for Brady's return and I for one hate that!

1. After a hard fought game, Brady decides to go w/a stall offense with 2:30 left - we're up by six. I realize that Bama went to zone and we have virtually no offense vs. the zone but stall? I don't get it - flash to the foul line against a zone - we never do it. Don't dribble for 20 seconds - you break a zone by sharp, crisp passes. Since we don't do this, we stall - backfires everytime - every lead we have in the 2nd half always decreases for the same reason.

2. Last possession of the game...we're across midcourt w/about 12 seconds left. We have 2, maybe 3 (I'm not sure) timeouts - do we call one and set up a play? No, we play streetball and get lucky - nice coaching.

Now in saying this don't take it as bashing the team - I am not - I am bashing the coaching - piss poor as usual...we got a lucky break b/c Ross had great presence at the end of the game. As I've stated before, I goto each home game and will never boo an LSU team. I don't goto the games and yell at Brady or the team - I do however talk w/my friends about it.

Again, I know I'll take some flack for this but facts are facts - if you know the game of basketball, I think you'll agree w/me on some levels.

Also, I'll be in Atlanta cheering on Brady and the Tigers in the SEC Tournament. It will be the 2nd time in 3 years I've gone to the tourney. I hope I've shown that I am not a fair weather or picking at straws here. GEAUX TIGERS!!

9. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I was going ballistic that there was no time out at the end... But we pulled it off, somehow...

Round the Bowl and Down the Hole....
    Roll Tide Roll....

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I would say that that question needed a seperate thread.... but since I'm an aspiring "pencil-neck sportswriter," I'll let you know that JUST because a player has great ability is NO reason for him to disrespect someone for doing their job. As journalists, our number one job is to WRITE THE NEWS LIKE IT IS. In other words, if the steriod-injecting athlete doesn't like the negative wrap he/she gets--too bad. Mods: I'm sorry for responding to that here... but it's a point that needed to be made. I don't feel like contesting this with you either... so I won't make any more responses to it.... I'm not gonna let it rain on my parade... WHAT A FRICKIN' GAME!!!!!!!!