Official LOI List (2014 Class)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 5, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Still a little early, but some call it a little top heavy. Still want to see Grimes with a year under his belt recruiting

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  2. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Pretty substantial drop off after the first 6 or 7 as of now but that could all change after boys from the boot and summer evaluations. One things for sure, as much as some of us (myself included) fretted over in-state losses this year, we're gonna need that out of state pipeline to fill a class next year because I'd bet well under half of the next class will be Louisiana kids...and we're talking at least 27 slots.

Good thing is we currently have commitments from the #1 and #5 ranked players in the country in Tolliver and brossette. Apparently about to put the full court press Terry Beckner, a St. Louis DE who's also top 10 nationally. Got my shades on...

LSUDad likes this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Brossette is #5 overall RB at his position, not the #5 player in the country. He is top 50 in the country however, so yes we have 2 high profile players already in the fold.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Yeah I realized after I posted that I read the insider article wrong. Kind of surprised me too when I saw it but the same article had the top 3 listed as the actual top 3. So when I saw him at 5 on that list I thought he had suddenly gotten some huge jump. My bad...

LSUDad likes this.
  5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We're methodically becoming a major national recruiting force so I'm not worried about a lack of in state blue chippers. As a matter of fact I think it helps tremendously in a way because we will pull in kids from all over and that improves the branding of LSU even more. I expect some great players from all around the country to commit to us early and often.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Agree it's early, but I would characterize 2014 as top heavy (10 players in the top 100 of the 247sports composite rankings, whereas we only have 5 so far this year). We actually have as much if not more depth in the class this year as opposed to 2014.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Becoming? Nah bro we have been, we're just taking it to another level now.

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The staff has done one of the better jobs in talent evaluations, I too would like to see after the camps. As for keeping talent from the state and outside, LSU has done well. Look at the day after signing day, LSU was in the USA Today newspaper, front page of the sports section, then inside the section with almost a 3/4 page write-up.....One of the pics in the newspaper...

[​IMG]

As for keeping talent instate, Rice only signed one player from outside the state of Tx in this years class. Anyone want to take a guess what state?

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I see a lot of talent in that room. Not sure how that can be argued.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Rice signed a player out of the state of Alaska, yep North Pole, Alaska. The rest of the players in the class all came from the state of Tx.