Official 2023 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by mctiger, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I think we get one of the two CBs from Texas (Rogers and Toviano). Getting both would be huge but probably a steep climb to land both.
    Not sure about Harbor. We do seem to have a pipeline to the DC/Baltimore area over the last few years (Greg Penn being one), so that could happen.
    Wouldn't mind another RB and interior OLs.

I think we have headroom under the 85 total limit, but some of that will be reserved for 2024.

kcal and shane0911 like this.
  2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yep, agree, I see RB, IOL, and CB as our biggest needs. I think you would typically only take a couple RBs in each class, but we are thin at that position with a couple of older guys. TJ Shanahan is an IOL that we are in one, and DJ Chester is listed as a tackle but could probably move inside, too.

Harbor is probably a long shot, but we are one of a short list of schools with an official visit, so we'll see.

Regarding the numbers, I think you have to try to get to 85. There will be room again next year, so I don't think you try to save spots. 247 just posted their college team talent rankings, and they are only showing us with 71 scholarships, which is actually down from the start of last year. Now, this isn't entirely accurate because they only count guys who had a rating coming out of high school, so it isn't counting some transfers or former walk-ons like Jack Mashburn, Mekhi Garner, and Tre'Mond Shorts, for example. Still, it just goes to show, this roster still has a long way to go.

Herb likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Thought I saw an article a page or two back where the know it alls had Harbor as almost a lock to us???

4. MobileBengal

They have been saying that we are in good shape with him, and even that he might be a slight LSU lean, but not a lock. And South Carolina has been making a push for him lately. We are definitely in it, I just think it's going to be a tough battle.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

WR commit Kyle Parker had 23 catches for 340 yards last night. I had 23 catches in the first 9 games of my senior year.

6. MobileBengal

I saw that, I wonder if he might move up the rankings by the end of the year. He’s one of our lowest rated recruits. Lovejoy is 5A, so he’ll be going against good competition.

mctiger likes this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

4-star CB Zion Ferguson from GA committed just before the game. #16 corner in the nation in 247's composite rankings.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Bravion Rogers re-committed to Texas A&M. Likely held out for a raise?

9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Hou-duco likes this.
  10. MobileBengal

Dashawn Womack has been climbing the rankings. On3 hasn't expanded their 5* yet, but as the #28 player in their rankings, he would be one if the season ended today. He's been moving up the 247 rankings also, just a bit more slowly. He has a chance to end up as a composite 5* by the end of the season.