Official 2023 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by mctiger, Mar 18, 2022.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

2023 3* St. Amant DL Dylan Carpenter has committed to LSU, a flip from ULL. He has no other power 5 offers, but apparently Jamar Cain likes him. Looks like a developmental edge guy.

2. MobileBengal

5* New Iberia S and Texas commit Derek Williams planning an official visit to LSU after the season. Not sure what our prospects are with him, but I guess there's a shot.

“I’m not looking at anything right now, not until after the season,” Williams, the nation’s No. 3 safety, said. “Miami, Alabama, Texas A&M and LSU are all still talking to me, and I’ll see them most likely after the season.”

That same group of schools has hosted Williams in the spring before he pledged to the Longhorns over the summer. Communication has not fizzled down yet.

“They reach out and Danny (Lewis) hits me up all the time about coming home,” Williams said of the Tide’s continued push. “Miami is trying and they want me on an official (visit). I’ve been there (to Texas A&M) before for a visit, but I’m supposed to go back for an official visit. LSU is hitting me up and tried to get me to a few games. I’ll officially visit there after (the season).”

The way that's worded makes it sound like LSU is the only school definitely getting a visit. Not sure if there's anything to that or not.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm curious about the wording of Danny Lewis trying to get him to "come home" - to Alabama? Might that have been a slip of the tongue for Lewis and he's planning to transfer?

4. MobileBengal

I took it to mean he was calling Alabama home.

5. mctiger

Got to see Trey Holley up close Friday. Similar build to Clyde E-H and Josh Williams. Style is closer to Clyde than Josh, not as elusive as Clyde but more than Josh. Gets in the hole, gets lost and pops out the other side. Great balance, great determination. He'll be a good one!

MobileBengal and shane0911 like this.
  6. MobileBengal

Javien Toviano will be announcing his decision Dec. 15th.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. mctiger

Ashley Williams, 4-star edge rusher from Zachary, has decommitted from Auburn. Second commitment he's backed out on (Nebraska).

8. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I’m guessing that he is not an english major as he doesn’t understand simple words like commit.

shane0911, mctiger and Winston1 like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Give me a % on what kind of shot we have?

10. MobileBengal

If he picks anyone else, it till be a big surprise, so I dunno, maybe 75%?