Official 2022 Texas Bowl Game thread!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Very proud of the fight in the Tigers that stayed. Can't believe it wasn't worse. This has to be some kind of record for only having 38 scholarship players and only 5 coaches to coach them in a bowl game. At the risk of sounding like a broken record my only gripe is we should have let Kirklin air it out more win lose or draw. Our poor secondary was so undermanned plus no one to coach them they were out of position all night. As far as Brad Davis that guy is a class act and a true blue Tiger and Kelly keeping him makes feel good about Kelly. The players who come back and the ones we recruit will probably have better character than the Ricks of the world next year. No sugar coating it we are in for a couple of years of rebuilding unless we have some dynamic portal guys come in this and next year. How we do with the NIL will be key also.

Hope Kelly is what he appears to be.

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Angry may be to strong, but I'm definitely disappointed. See my post #199 above. Years from now when Jontre and Chris are talking over beers about that 80 yard touch down the opt outs will have to sit down and shut the fuck up.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Can't agree with you on Nuss. I prefer a Travis Daniels approach to the problem. Frankly, I find Nuss' decision to not only be selfish, it was downright stupid. I believe BK when he says he will allow Nuss, Miles and Walker to compete for the QB job, but I also think Nuss has already made his first impression with the new coach, and it was not that of a team-first leader.

Richdog, 65Grad, Herb and 1 other person like this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

why was kirklin celebrating like we won the super bowl while being carried off on the teams shoulders. look i appreciate the effort and that was your final game in an lsu jersey. but you just got destroyed by a bottom feeder. it was a fitting end to the shittiest game in lsu history. but id never celebrate an ass kicking.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

can you not repeat yourself incessantly. its exhausting and its every time you think you have a salient point. we have 20 members who all get it the first time.

furduknfish likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well saved 19 members from jumping my ass, you are a warrior to stick up for them like that and speak for them!

mctiger likes this.
  7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I'm not putting Puss - oops I meant Nuss - in the same category as those who played. I'm only that saying he didn't leave the team and doesn't have to clean out his locker. He's a step above the quitters; but not as good as the players. Totally agree it was a bad decision and will make it harder for him to prove himself to CBK

8. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I think this is a game that shows that Brian Kelly has his work cut out for him. The bar should not be set very high next season. If it is you will be further disappointed.

furduknfish likes this.
  9. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I am proud of the tigers that put it out there for their school in drastic circumstances and that is what life is all about.

There are good times and bad times in life and all you can ask is to do your best.

Their are better yimes coming with Coach Kelly

And to all the coward opt outs go to hell.

Richdog likes this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I just thought of another one: had he played last night, he would have had all of BK and the incoming OC and QB coach's attention. That chance will never come again. Now, the first time he steps on the field in front of those guys, Brennan and Howard will be right beside him. He's getting dumber by the minute.

CalcoTiger and Richdog like this.