Official 2022 Texas Bowl Game thread!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Jan 4, 2022.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Not at all. I was referring to our shortage of players.

BornOnTheBayou likes this.
  2. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Fighting Tigers Fight! Good effort from an outmanned group. Can someone get K State on a future schedule, they need schooling.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Damn straight. I understand one of the opt outs was tweeting about the game all night. Fuck that. When did #ForeverLSU become #ForeverLSU...until its in my financial best interest to quit on my teammates?

4. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I went to bed in the 3rd quarter. Brutal game

As far as the complaints about K State celebrating a bit too much.....I mean when we beat some hapless FBS or Group of 5 opponent, our guys do a fair amount of flexing and dancing in the end zone too....so I'm not gonna throw stones. Let them have their moment. If they play a real LSU team, I think we all know what would happen.

5. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

Proud of the players that showed up. Ashamed of those who opted out. Angered at previous management that made such an impossible situation possible. Brian Kelly has a job ahead of him! Hard to believe only 2 short years ago we had maybe the greatest college team ever.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

At least Nuss was there for moral support... </sarcasm>

Richdog and rockwallfan like this.
  7. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

Yea, I’d think his thoughts were all over the place…opportunity to play but burning the red shirt…Brennan’s return…5* QB coming in…my best interest.

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

The flipside to that is had he played, he might have provided BK a glimpse of his gametime potential. At best he is now on equal footing with WH for 2nd seat assuming BJ doesnt snap or tear something else a week before reg season starts.

And that RS would still be available had Daddy not called O to whine about play time.

Richdog and mctiger like this.
  9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

As far as I'm concerned opting out is the same as quitting the team. If you make a decision to not play for a personal reason as opposed to a team initiated reason like injury, grades, or suspension then you have left the team and you are an ex Tiger and you should clean out your locker and move on. While I wish Nuss had played, and I think it would have been in his best interest; I wouldn't put him in the same category.

Hou-duco and mctiger like this.
  10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I’m not a psychiatrist or psychologist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

If you are angry at all the opt outs (I am), I’m 100% certain that each and every one will someday greatly regret that they backed out and left their team hanging. May be 10 years or 30 years, maybe while in the front porch rocker after retirement, whatever, they will regret their actions where greed overcame their allegiance to their teammates. Guaranteed.