Official 2021 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jan 21, 2020.

1. geaux9

geaux9 Founding Member

Any speculation on the silent commits O mentioned Wednesday night?

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I know, I'm just saying he could be gone.

3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Bryce Langston seems very likely. Also potentially Jardin Gilbert. There’s one other guy whose name I’m forgetting that it could be.

edit: Saivion Jones. That’s the third guy.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

He chased his dream to LSU; I could see him staying another year then having a go at the NFL.

tzanghi and MobileBengal like this.
  5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

He’s on the record saying that everybody who’s still here wants to play and win. Can’t see him leaving next year. He clearly lacks a bit of strength, but man I like his attitude. Really hope he sticks around.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

If you look at the dept chart we have enough lineman to get us by 2021. The addition of transfers and other lineman we are still recruiting will help. Keep in mind that Llyod Cusenberry was only a 3 star at best coming out of high school. He is now in the NFL. That OL and OL coach you guys love to hate was part of the Joe Moore award last year. Cregg is a fine OL coach and our line will be fine next year.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I don't disagree with you on the current depth, and yes, Cushenberry's development is a point in the Cregg's favor. I think overall Clyde and Burrow made the line look better than it was last year. How often did we see Clyde make someone miss in the backfield and turn a loss into positive yardage? Those same plays have been losses this year because none of this year's backs have Clyde's elusiveness. How many deep touchdowns last year began with Joe stepping up and to his right to avoid the DE or LB that had just blown by Deculus? Quite a few. As for the depth, again, you're right - for next year. But you have to have at least 8 linemen who are ready to play now to be successful. That's tough to maintain if you're not getting more than 2 quality recruits per class.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I agree with most of what you are saying. However because you saying that Burrow and CEH made our line look good last year then wouldn't it also be true because of our 18 year freshman QB's and no CEH type back this year that's making our line not look as good as there actually are?.

My position is I simply believe in O. I believe he has remedies and some surprises concerning the OL as he always seems to have every year. He will make what he has work or add more lineman that I believe Cregg will develop.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

One way of looking at it. Could also be that immobile QB's and straight line RBs are exposing weaknesses in the line that were always there. I think there's a very good chance all 5 will be back next year and we'll see what (hopefully) a full spring and summer together does for them.

I'm not one of those throwing O under the bus. Cregg's another matter. I've seen enough.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Than why out of all the power 5 football teams did the Joe Moore award go to Cregg and our OL at LSU? Are you saying that award should have went to someone else? You do know they look closely at how the line blocks, picks up adjustments and all other things a good OL should be doing.