Official 2021 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jan 21, 2020.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Every year it goes back to the line, but then we get starstruck like Charlie Brown thinking he can kick that football. Hell, O admitted it, but Bama still kicks our ass annually recruiting the line. Which I could live with if we at least tried to bolster our depth. One DT (switching to 4-3, too) and one OL ain’t it.

2. lsu-i-like

By all means, throw a parade, act like we’ve ever had trouble getting skill players.

PS-Actually excited to get a QB, RBs, P, and other skill players. It’s just that void of fat men.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

AAAAAHHHHH recruiting is not over yet. And no you don't need 3 every cycle if you can't get the right ones you want. The staff certainly knows their needs and I trust they have a plan for more OL's or can be fine next year without signing more OL's. If O thinks he needs more bet ya he has a plan.

Perple likes this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

See my post to MobileBengal below

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

BTW we were ranked # 3 yesterday for early recruiting

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Here if the full text of what O said on the radio

Coach Orgeron said last night on his call in radio show that he has some some silent commitments that will sign in February. “You’ll be excited about them,” he said. Heck, I’m excited already and I don’t know who they are. What we do know without a doubt, however, is that offensive linemen are a priority. Coach Ed Orgeron said as much during the show.

In addition to Leigh, LSU is continuing to recruit offensive tackle Jordan Moko (the Australian) and offensive guard Kimo Makaneole, who is currently committed to Florida State. Both are waiting until February to sign. There’s also offensive guard Eric Wilson (a transfer from Harvard) who is committed to Auburn but did not sign in the early period, and several others.

8. lsu-i-like

If the OL/DL was performing at a high level it would be easier to trust that. You may not agree, but the OL has been shaky for years - O keeps talking about it, but the results are ho ho hum at best. DTs are also an issue, especially losing quite a few this year.

USAFRet66.86 likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

10. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I am hearing it implied that the OU ship may have sailed on Leigh since they took Byrd. Or at least they were waiting on Byrd until Leigh said he was waiting and they just decided to get Byrd on board. Don’t know if it’s true or not but supposedly we were the ones that convinced him to not sign yet.

I also read online that Earle called Bama looking for a place on their class. Sounds extremely bizarre, but possible Saban didn’t poach him. Either way, good luck competing for balls with Agiye Hall and Jacorey Brooks, Jojo. Don’t give a shit about Koht, really. I’ll ride with Jones and Jackson and landing Maason was awesome! Also looking like we are taking Langston to replace Koht.

lsu-i-like likes this.