Official 2020 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, May 15, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Those "volunteers" don't exactly work for free. Some of them at high profile teams pull down 6 figures working at the baseball camps every school puts on. Parents pay big money hoping their little darlings can develope into the next Alex Bregman or Aaron Nola

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Fishhead and Brian like this.
  2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Knowing where a team stands today is based on what happened yesterday. You're asserting the two are recruiting on the same level and I'm suggesting one is trying to catch up with the other.
    Things can certainly change on a moments notice, but I'm not of the impression he's a valued target right now. He's not been on campus for camps and wasn't at the first cookout. We'll see if he's at the second later this month...if he's not, I don't believe we'll see a lot of pursuit.

The class is at 20, the number as I understand it is 26, and there's a good likelihood that we'll see a couple of the current commits move on to other schools. I know they're looking at adding another defensive back but are looking more at the safety position than corner.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Thought 25 was the most you could take, oh wait, forgot you guys get to make your own rules

Bengal B likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They should make Obama the AD. He could get them 57.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Of course. It's all because the SEC offices are in Birmingham.

I'm including those that pay their own way and the 'shirts. There were cases last year with players paying their own way who were counted in the total. It's all about the 85.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Yes, he would. But, he would automatically make the more successful programs pay for other schools scholarships.

Goodlifetiger and Bengal B like this.
  7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Elias has said Sabean personally calls him regularly. That seems unusual as Bama fans got excited at that news, maybe it's more common than they realize then?

LSU right now if we finish as I suggested would be recruiting on the same level as Bama..

8. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Kole Taylor from Colorado is a big pass catching kid who selected LSU over Penn State tonight. He also had some interest from Oregon, Iowa and Washington reportedly. He mentioned Foster Moreau didn't have eye-popping numbers but was selected much higher in the draft than a UCLA tight end who broke pass catching records yet was taken last in the draft along with the new emphasis in Brady and the passing game with the tight ends. DeCoster doing work.

9. Brian

Brian Founding Member

WR commit 4* and potentially rising Jermaine Burton has declared he will play at IMG this year joining Elias Ricks. This should help counter tOSU's Lejond spending the entire season in Elias' ear about flipping. Barring any disasters it's looking good for Roy to commit to LSU on the 26th and for Elias to stay with the Tigers, imo.

Burton has been all over from a previous IMG stop to Georgia to Cali now back to IMG he and Ricks look to early enroll.

This season the offense really showing out will be huge and possibly quite pivotal in keeping this potential class for the ages (which is crazy given Bama and Clemson each have comparable classes). All three most years would easily be the top class.

Winston1 and shane0911 like this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Is Roy eligible to play this year or is this a 2020? Seems like he was on the sheet back in Feb with this most recent class??