Official 2018 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jan 30, 2018.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Not necessarily. While elite prosoects often do well, many don't at the end of the day many NFL stars were 3 * players coming out. It's about coaching up players to be ready and improve. It's about players who fit your system and grow into it.

didit likes this.
  2. tigerbait3

tigerbait3 Freshman

Thats one of the biggest problems. Someone mentioned Clemson having the 15th ranked recruitng class, but the players they got in their small class were fantastic. They had a small class because they have very few transfers and very few people going pro. I know people will and should turn pro, but we have more on the bubble guys leave than anyone.

SaintSlidell and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. didit

didit Veteran Member

while i agree with most of this, how did he not string LSU along... if it simply came down to titles and winning, bama didn't just win 6 titles this year... he could've just signed with them in the early signing period and got it over... i think he gave LSU the impression that he was leaning towards being a tiger so they used that info to slack off of the goodwrich kid...

4. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

Great recruiting class!!!!!
    Addressed our needs at: Oline, Dline, WR, and RB.
    We are loaded at LB, TE and Safety.
    Would have liked one more CB. Still backfield will be good next year.
    QB situation looks allot more hopeful than in years past.
    If both our lines kick ass next year, so will we.
    Great time to be a Tiger!

1BIGTIGER, ROY_LA_CA and didit like this.
  5. didit

didit Veteran Member

agreed... while we "missed" on surtain, i think our class is very good and could potentially be much better... we have more size on both lines than in recent memory, our LBs as a whole are much better than a few years ago when we couldn't get them to sign here and we still have very good CBs and safeties on the team that have a year of experience under their belt... i think our qb situation will be improved and we just signed two highly rated WRs...
    edit
    people forget that hester and tm7 were "only" 3* recruits... i would take a team full of those kind of guys... both were pure football players...

ThePhenom74 and SaintSlidell like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Todd McShay doesn't have either one going in the first round.

7. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

Unless Fulton plays, we have only one very good CB.

Richdog likes this.
  8. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

Says Who?

9. didit

didit Veteran Member

So. Grant Delpit, Sr. John Battle, Sr. Ed Paris, RSo. Greedy Williams, So. Jontre Kirklin, So. Kary Vincent, So. Todd Harris, RSo. Eric Monroe, RSo. Kristian Fulton, RSo. Cameron Lewis, So. JaCoby Stevens... i guess we're giving up on these guys who were 4 and 5* recruits...

10. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

I think you might want to examine the difference between a CB and safety. Williams is the only "very good" CB we have, you're welcome to show proof that there's someone else.. When coach O talks about having Kelvin Joseph play CB instead of safety, does that give you confidence that we have lots of "very good" CB on the roster? If Fulton doesn't get injured and then in trouble, he'd been starting ahead of Jackson and possibly Williams this past season.

Richdog and lsu-i-like like this.