Official 2018 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jan 30, 2018.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The appropriate bit starts at 4:54:

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  2. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I am very skeptical about the validity of that statement. We have a total bozo for an AD, and a very under-qualified HC/OC combo. Can I be butthurt about that?

Brian likes this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

ask troy

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

I agree the negativity tends to be a little overwhelming and it can put some serious clouds in an otherwise sunny sky. For me, I think that LSU Football and it's fan base (us), have to come to terms with the concept that we are NOT a top tier program at this time. We really haven't been (in terms of wins, losses and championships) for a while. We do have the most unfortunate and fortunate position of playing in a conference and a division that is currently occupied by the best team and the best coach. Saban will go down as one of the best ever in the history of the sport. We had it, we lost it, we haven't gotten it back yet. Miles was not the answer. I have doubts about O, but I am hopeful because of his dedication and drive to make a champion out of LSU again.

But I understand the negativity and frustration. It hurts to watch other programs passing LSU by to occupy these top contender / challenger positions. Clemson and Georgia have made serious progress to challenge the mighty Saban. Other programs are making that push as well and it just feels like LSU is stuck in neutral. The top talent is passing us up for a reason. The atmosphere needs to continue to morph, confidence inside and outside the program needs to continue to build. The team needs to have a chip on their shoulders and an us against the world mentality. We are just not there yet. Until LSU returns to the discussion of a top tier program, starts putting up serious W's on the board and starts beating Bama, we will remain right where we are. Kids have too many choices to go and play ball, get developed and get to the NFL. Unfortunately there are several places where they can do that AND be in the Championship hunt. Right now it's not at LSU. It can be and should be, but I just haven't seen enough to convince me at this point that we have developed that "it" factor which will attract the kids we need.

Finally, I have my doubts that it is the negative talk on these boards that pushes recruits away. It would be interesting to see how many of them read anything on these boards. Sure the student life and the entire atmosphere have a big impact. We as fans play a major role in that atmosphere. Just take a walk over to the Box to get a sense of a great atmosphere. In addition to re-establishing a winning tradition, LSU needs to capitalize on what makes this University unique and create it as a major destination for top talent. That's going to take time to develop and we are all going to have to be patient. Until then, unfortunately, we are in store for more disappointments on and off the field. The only thing you can do is keep pressing forward. Keep striving to get better, keep climbing the mountain. That's difficult in a "what have you done for me lately" society while watching your arch rival continue to get richer and richer.

Just my two cents ...

stevescookin, Brian, didit and 2 others like this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Kelvin Joseph is signed.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

4 CBs on scholarship? Maybe we can move one of our QBs to CB. Need some preferred walk-ons at CB. SOB. Bullshit yaw yaw.

7. lsu-i-like

Poopoo platter - BOS will still suck. FKing might still be tooling around campus. Governor Edwards doesn’t like paying market value for coaches, thinks athletics profit is a birthright that can be distributed to women’s basketball while going cheap on football.

furduknfish likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

The fucking recruiting class was a disappointment. It is a result of sucking on the field, but bottom line is we lost to Bama again. If Eaux wants more sunshine he’s going to have to turn things around; this first year isn’t a rousing success.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Chase chooses LSU.

10. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

#2 and #4 WR's
    Juco Players, Transfers and Recruits will make are lines better next year.
    Damn just think about the Dline we are loaded!!!!
    How bout them Tigers!

didit likes this.