Official 2017 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

didit likes this.
  2. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Pooka is the most dynamic athlete in the state. The offer list is a result of size. If he truly wants to come I believe he's a take. Put him full time on kick and punt return duties, install some packages specifically to get him the ball in space, and watch him work. I think he really might follow through on Kansas though.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I coud see Nebraska but why would anybody choose Kansas over LSU?

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Grades.

stevescookin likes this.
  5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

LSU wants him to hold off signing early to get a better picture of his academic status. Spots are more valuable now with the new restrictions on counting back and over signing. Take the risk only when you have to. Teams like Kansas need to take more of those risk and willing to sign him early no questions asked.

Have heard there has been more hope for him qualifying lately so the risk may not be as much as it was before.

ParadiseiNC and stevescookin like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't follow recruiting like some people except for around signing time so I don't know anything at all about the kid. When I hear that a recruits choices are LSU, Alabama, Ohio State or Georgia it makes me think he is good. I know that players like Fournette and Guice don't come around every year but I want the 2 or 3 RB's we sign this year to be solid players with skillsets that can enhance the offense. A Darrell Williams type would be great.

didit likes this.
  7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

He wasn't supposed to sign early...at least according to Dandy Don.com, so him wanting to sign early all of a sudden makes me think he's trying to force the issue.

I read during the playoffs that bigger and better programs were beginning to recruit him and he was excited about that.

The grade issue is not just for signing an LOI, but grades have to be maintained for continuing eligibility throughout the years.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

So lets say he does sign with LSU, is this now another one of those clearing house issues? Seems we always end up with one or two of those, if so I'd say let him go be a gayhawk and lets find someone that doesn't carry that baggage

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

A lot of similarity to Warrick Dunn in Pooka; unfortunately, that includes his desire to get out of LA.

Winston1 likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

As of 35 minutes ago

Screenshot_20171222-095129.png