Official 2017 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 7, 2016.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

7 slots left, maybe 8 if the grad student kicker doesn't count. Marshall, Surtain, Joseph and Joiner in that group make this a very solid class. Rabalais has a very good article this afternoon pointing out that LSU really filled needs today, even if the end result isn't a top 10 class.

didit and Winston1 like this.
  2. mctiger

Shea Dixon points out that this isn't really a strong senior class for the state, so a slightly down rating was to be expected. I like that we got several guys from North LA and were able to hold off a late push from Bama on the Plaquemine kid.

Winston1 and stevescookin like this.
  3. didit

didit Veteran Member

the size of both lines have really increased now it's time for coaches to teach them technique... definitely shouldn't get pushed around up front... i figure the corners and qb come in Feb.
    kicker is a walk-on, i think... i thought i read we only had 5 slots left... that is, if all that are expected to sign by Friday do so...

4. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

I thought I heard that as he's a graduate transfer, he won't count against this year's "25", but I don't know where LSU is at with the 85 scholarship limit. My guess is that as good as the kicker is suppose to be, he must be on scholarship vs. paying out of state tuition out of his family's pocket.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I bet if they ranked the recruiting classes by the offensive and defensive lines, we'd be number one in the nation.

lsu-i-like, LSUpride123 and didit like this.
  6. mctiger

From the highlight reels, the guys that most impressed me are Rosenthal and Jenkins. They're not just beating people by being bigger and stronger; they both look like they've got good technique, especially Jenkins. He looks like he'll play in a hurry. Dontriez Scott as well. Looks like a similar skill set to Key in a more solid package.

7. didit

didit Veteran Member

yep... plus the big recruit from last year that couldn't play because he wasn't cleared... man, our line should be nasty...

stevescookin likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Under the radar class the likes of which we will see on the field success without having a superstar (yet) RB and QB. This should really help our skill guys make plays!

9. mctiger

The stories I've seen indicate Narcisse is really opening some eyes in the bowl practices. Will probably be a better fit for Canada's offense than Brennan.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LSU has always had good RB's. Between the superstars like Hilliard, Faulk, Fournette and Guice there has been a pretty steady bunch like Ridley, Addai, Blue, Ford, Dominick Davis. etc.