Official 2017 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 7, 2016.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

This. Jesus Christ, this. Finally someone who thinks like Kevin Faulk when DiNardo recruited him. Any asshole can join the well-oiled machine and hang on for the ride. I want to be the guy who throws a wrench in the gears and then laugh when the masses go screaming for the exits.

shane0911, lsu-i-like and KyleK like this.
  2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Agree with Don.
    Look at the guy almost everybody nationally and locally (including me) thought was our best option, Tom Herman. How the hell do you have the resources of the Longhorns located in the heart of the deepest talent area in college football and get out recruited by Moo State. He was in Wilson's and Chaisson's home town building relationships for years and got smoked. Why, because its not that easy. Because in today's world you can't hide anything. The recruits gravitate towards success and stability - which are usually linked together.

There was no reason Chaisson shouldn't end up at UT but he looks at an unknown situation at UT and looks at Aranda at LSU and he sees success and appreciation. Stability in the LSU defense if not the whole program.

There is every reason that Wilson should want to be in LSU's 3-4 instead of Fla-States 4-3 - but maybe he knows that with Jimbo re-upping he has a sure thing for 4 years. We can't know what part of the decision that played - but I think it was there either consciously or subconsciously.

Point is; you know that the wolves have been negative recruiting against this staff for a year. Look how far you have to go down the list to find another school with an unsettled coaching situation. Oregon in the mid 20s; Texas in the upper 30s. These are schools with unlimited financial resources and top programs and they couldn't finish in the top 20 in recruiting.

I know a lot of you think - we're LSU - everyone wants to be a tiger. Wrong, when you look at what Saban got out of Louisiana this year don't think it just happened this year; this is his reward for years of persistent effort. It will take years to take it back. Give Ed a chance, and I think he will get it done. And if he was willing to leave the offense to Ensminger when he was trying to get the job, I think he will be willing to leave it to Aranda and Canada now that he has it. I'm feeling pretty good at this point.

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Yeah, but he ain't working anymore.

And you never came to meet Wendy. Knot head.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Happy for you my friend. I am lucky and still have both parents. I can't imagine that pain. I'm glad you were able to be there and spend that time with her. I am in my home town now. Don't make the money I used to, but dad has Alzheimer's and mom can't do it alone. I'm really loving getting to spend time with them.

TwistedTiger and Brian like this.
  5. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Cherish that time my friend. We moved to Tennessee after my wife and I both retired (she was a parish employee as well) to be closer to our only son. My parents were going to do the same but mom got sick (liver cancer) so it never materialized. Now I'm trying to get dad to come up here so we can take care of him. We were able to visit a great deal since we have no obligations here. Help your mom as much as you can she will certainly appreciate it. I worried about my dad having to care for my mom so much, but he told me when you love someone it's not a burden. I take comfort in the fact that I was there with her and she didn't suffer long, she passed her second day on hospice. We are all thankful it was not a long process of suffering. She was also a great Tiger as she loved to watch "her boys" on tv. We took her to her first game two years ago and she had the time of her life. She loved the band and players coming down the hill and even commented how much bigger they were in person than on tv. It was a great day!

KyleK and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  6. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I lost my older brother due to a heart attack a few years back. He was only 55. He bled purple and gold. We sat next to each other in Tiger Stadium since we were 9 and 6 years old. He passed away in February. Walking into Tiger Stadium for the spring game that year without him was one of the toughest things I 'll ever do. Yep, folks. Enjoy every moment you can while you can.

Brian, tirk and Pjoe like this.
  7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

On the Bryant kid...he was a silent commit along with Gay and Wilson the weekend before signing day.

Bryant held off signing with Auburn until he received some form of confirmation that his HS coach would be hired at Auburn. Well the thing is a new rule is in the works of being passed that doesn't allow coaches of any signee from gaining a job at the university in any form for 2 years after enrolling the prospect. This will be voted on in April and be applied back to Jan 1st. So this coach could have a job with Auburn until then and then must be let go. I assume the coach will sign a contract that is heavily front loaded.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Wow. Front loaded for February and March! Basically a lump sum payment for steering his player to Auburn.

Brian likes this.
  9. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I am glad you have the memories to cherish Don. My son and I have been attended games together since he could walk on his own and I would not trade any of them. We went to everything LSU that we could, football, basketball, baseball, softball, swimming, track, etc. If LSU had a grass growing team we would have probably went to that as well. We had some great times and saw some historic competition in multiple sports. I know many do not attend our Ladies sporting events but if you want to see some passion and emotion attend a few of those events. Football and baseball are our favorites but we go to all we can.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Bengal B likes this.