Official 2016 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by EyeoftheTiger 2015, Feb 17, 2015.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

The problem with predictions like this is that they set unreasonable expectations. The only way we can go is down, and then that will seem disappointing to most. I mean it's a subjective prediction, and who gives a shit about that?

2. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

13 Crystal Balls in a row and in the last few hours on 24/7 for Saivion Smith (CB from FL) the #6 player in the country and the 2nd highest rated player on my list above (predictions) to sign with LSU. Geaux Tigers!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3140343/highlights/175461394/v2
    I realize these are highlights but I have never seen a highlights video for a player on either side of the ball to score 7 TDs on his first 7 highlights....some were INTs and some were blocked punts. Saivion Smith = STUD player!

Addition: Just found out why the avalanche. Smith will announce today at Noon CST and every sign points towards LSU. Not just the CBs BTW but the fact that he was supposed to visit FSU last weekend and instead came to the OOS LSU JR day. I don't think the tomahawk chop will be done at Noon today on ESPNU. just sayin' :D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I don't think there is any doubt that LSU has the early lead. However, I am getting conflicting info on if he actual commits today or just announces a top 5. Ryan Bartow was the guy who said he is committing today.

Either way it doesn't matter much...We are in it for the long haul.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. EyeoftheTiger 2015

ESPNU is broadcasting it. Don't get me wrong....the way that ESPN tries to maneuver the recruiting process (NOT a compliment BTW) they are probably trying to keep him from announcing until like the Under Armour game. But since he has already given a top 3 of LSU, Florida, and Florida State, a top 5 is utter nonsense plus it would really pull recruiting more into the gutter by broadcasting a top 5. I don't ever remember a broadcast of a top 3 or top 5 before.

BTW, Ryan Bartow wasn't the only one saying he was committing today. James Smith has said that also + the fact that a ton of CB predictions came in just hours before Noon. If a lot of people didn't think he was committing today, there would be absolutely no rush to get in their prediction. I don't know if you follow the CB process or not. but 100% of the time when I have seen this many predictions made in a very short period of time, the guy announces. Maybe this will be the 1st exception, but I doubt it. We will see.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Being reported, Saivion Smith has given a verbal to LSU, welcome Tiger

6. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Yeah, that POS network ESPN didn't even carry it I don't think. I was switching back and forth between all the ESPN stations and didn't see it. God only knows how much he will drop on the corrupt ESPN ratings now that he has committed early. If he doesn't agree to play in the Under Armour game in several months, he will be lucky to be a 4*. Congrats to LSU for bringing in one of the very best players in the nation. Of course, they have to keep him committed for 11+ months but I think they will.

The actual commit announcement begins at about the 6 minute mark of this 10 minute interview. (it does not appear to have been on any official ESPN network)
    http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncf...e-trail-show-saivion-smith-interview-1-p-m-et

LSUDad likes this.
  7. bhelmLSU

Bartow was definetley the first to come out and say it. After that all the predictions started flying in.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. bhelmLSU

Great pickup but we have a lot of work to do with this one especially. I have confidence though.

Brian and LSUDad like this.
  9. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Don't know if you watched the 10 minute video or not, but there might be some HORRIBLE news for the FSU pipeline to IMG Academy. In the interview, it is mentioned that Chris Weinke the former FSU QB got an NFL job...he used to be the director of football at IMG Academny. Sooooo, what used to be a "whisper in the ear" of players is now gone. That may very help LSU establish a pipeline on their own.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. bhelmLSU

LSU sent Coach O there the 1st week on the job for a full day to get nice and friendly with everyone.

Brian, LSUDad, ROY_LA_CA and 2 others like this.