Official 2016 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by EyeoftheTiger 2015, Feb 17, 2015.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Also Crystal Ball picks on 247 are really just guys like you and I making predictions and they can change them whenever. When you see someone from lets say Wisconsin make a pick for a a top LA prospect to go to LSU this early in the year, it likely means that Wisky guy is hedging a bet that he will stay in state without really knowing anything about the prospect. If he sees someone who covers LA recruiting pick LSU then he can run over and change his pick before he announces. Now if I see someone like Watts who covers Alabama recruiting change his pick on someone to Bama late in the game that could mean something.

2. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

That isn't what some of the analysts that I've heard talk about Allen say but hey it really doesn't matter at this point. As far as the Lewis deal, I don't remember that but don't doubt you...once again, water under the bridge. I will say this because I guess it is a sore spot with me and what James Smith tried to palm off 2 years ago. The day before the infamous 5 for 5 hopeful announcements at the all star game (Fournette, Willis, Noel, T Brown, and J Adams), he posted on NOLA "My final predictions". He predicted all 5 to pick LSU during those announcements...the infamous "5 for 5". Ok, the game day arrives and that morning just hours before their announcements, the guy starts backing off (he indeed did that as he heard things at the All Star game). But then the guy gets it right like minutes before the announcements and amazingly he accepts congrats from Twitter cultists telling him how right he was. ROTFLMAO!! So all his predictions including the "Final Predictions" on NOLA are revisionist history. :rolleyes: If you or I or James Smith or whoever isn't right for a decent period of time, IMO that is a miss. As far as Reid goes, his Crystal Balls weren't remotely close to 50/50 so I guess you and I have to give those 24/7 guys credit on him huh? The vast majority of those guys said Stanford and they said that days before he picked Stanford (only 3 of their predictions were even in Feb for Stanford...the vast majority in Jan or earlier)...13 for Stanford, 6 for LSU, 2 for OU.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Crystal Ball favored Reid to Stanford because Reid didn't have a a decent chance of having a spot from LSU until his official a week or 2 before NSD. His timeline showed no date of an LSU offer. So I can see why those guys put there bets on Reid after his visit and offer to Stanford. Around noon on signing day LSU got word he wasn't going to come to LSU but it was 50/50 leading up to that. According to my source he had a very rough time making a decision NSD eve.

I think James Smith predicted 5 for 5 then 4-5, then 3-5, then 0-5, then 1-5. Just missed the 2-5. LOL

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Good job EOTT. Keep up the original post in this thread with the latest recruiting changes and you're golden.

EyeoftheTiger 2015 likes this.
  6. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Great find! I'm not going to view the long HUDL highlights video of all of these guys yet (see if LSU even recruits most of them at all) but viewed the first few ones. Like the first part of the report mentioned, I don't see LSU doing much RB signing in this class....after signing 5 in the last 2 years. My guess is 1 or 2 at the very most. IF Devin White commits to LSU which I do expect, IMO, that would increase the chances of signing a 2nd RB because I agree with the analysts that White's future is at LBer eventually (thus signing him may actually be signing a LBer, not a RB). He can play either side of the ball but is almost the polar opposite of Steven Ridley. LSU fans will probably remember that services listed Ridley more at LBer than at RB. He indeed played both at his MS HS. But of course, he settled in at RB at LSU and of course has done well in the NFL at RB. I think White will eventually settle in at LBer.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Thanks, I will do that. Since there is no time limit on editing posts and copy and paste works just fine here, it will be easy to do what you suggested. And to return the compliment, you did an outstanding job on NSD of posting the LSU commits as they officially signed. As you also said, in a thread like this, it is better to update the OP since there is a central place to see everything at once and not just drips in response after response. The only slight disadvantage is that some may just skip to the most recent posts but the OP is the right place to do summarizing updates...as far as the overall list goes. :)

8. EyeoftheTiger 2015

The OOS visitors for this weekend at LSU including supposedly the top 3 safeties in the country. This BTW is James Smith's list.

Shyheim Carter ATH 5-11 185 Kentwood Alabama commitment
    Isaiah Graham WR 6-0 185 Bastrop
    Feleipe Franks QB 6-6 220 Florida LSU commitment
    Ed Oliver DT 6-3 280 Texas
    Benito Jones DT 6-3 265 Mississippi Ole Miss commitment
    McTelvin Agim DE 6-3 250 Arkansas
    Jeffrey McCulloch LB 6-2 220 Texas
    Eric Monroe DB 6-0 190 Texas
    Khalil Ladler CB 5-10 170 Florida
    Emanuel Bridges LB 6-2 220 Georgia
    Tim Hart LB 6-1 215 Tennessee
    Saivion Smith CB 6-1 175 Florida
    Dontavious JacksonLB 6-3 235 Texas
    Jean Delance OT 6-5 280 Texas Oklahoma commitment
    Donte Vaughn CB 6-3 190 Tennessee
    Thomas Johnston LB 6-2 215 Alabama 2017
    Tyler Johnston QB 6-2 215 Alabama
    Scott Lashley OT 6-6 300 Mississippi
    Daniel Bituli LB 6-3 230 Tennessee
    Marlon Davidson DE 6-4 260 Alabama
    Nigel Knott CB 6-0 175 Mississippi
    Brandon Jones S 5-11 185 Texas
    Kendric Haynes LB 6-1 215 Alabama 2017
    Trayvon Mullen CB 6-2 175 Florida (new addition to the original list)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Great list Eye.

Yep, I've said before, most coaches know if a kid is gonna sign, it's his job, most can see a bull shitter, you better be able to, or you won't last long in the profession.

On most college teams, the players can tell. Most said UT and Strong were the team to beat with Brossette, Strong and his staff recruited him hard, real hard. But days before signing, I talked with someone with UT ties. The staff and a few players knew, it was a no go.

LSU had him, that's tough to do, look at returning players, look at what was signed in this class, and yes, we'll sign RB's in the next class. Our MO. Nick knew this, but wasn't scared of the competition.

didit and shane0911 like this.
  10. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Interesting post and I agree about 95%. If I had to pick 1 + surprise for LSU and 1 - surprise for LSU during this last class, it was CVO on the + side. Don't get me wrong, I think LSU felt decent about him but if push came to shove, I don't think they expected to get him. On the negative side, it had to be Leo Lewis who unless everyone is delusional, he literally told LSU coaches that he was coming to LSU hours before the dead period started. So if that is the case, either he had a monumental visit from God or he flat out LIED to the LSU coaches.

LSUDad likes this.