Official 2016 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by EyeoftheTiger 2015, Feb 17, 2015.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree in terms of LSU recruiting. Every year LSU seems to favor a lower ranked LA kid (3 star) over someone that is 4 star at the same position. A lot of it probably has to do with the kid's character makeup. Given that both kids have a similar talent level, we'll opt for the "good" kid vs the "suspect" one. We seem to avoid the suspect kids often and watch them implode on other campuses, eventually.

I swear that Alabama simply won't give notice to anyone who is rated below 4 stars. They seem hell bent on being #1 in all the year end recruiting ranking polls. I do believe there is a different story going on over there.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. islstl

LSU with a still obscene 94.27 average rating on 247sports. No one has ever finished over 93.72 (Alabama 2015).

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

[​IMG]
    (Photo: 247Sports)

LSU is hosting a big-time recruiting function with the Bayou Picnic on Saturday, and the first domino has officially fallen.

The Tigers have landed a commitment from Shreveport four-star cornerbackAndraez Williams. "Greedy" chose the Tigers over a double-digit offer list that also included Texas A&M and Ole Miss.

"Yeah, it's official now," Williams told the Geaux247 staff in a text message.

Williams is ranked as the No. 12 cornerback on the 247Sports rankings.

This is LSU's 10th commitment for the 2016 class. Stay tuned to Geaux247 for more on this breaking news.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Welcome aboard Greedy. Does he have his own thread?

LSUDad likes this.
  5. LSU John

LSU John Freshman

I will feel better when we get a couple of LB's and linemen to commit to 2016 class...I know we are the supposed leader for some of the young men in question, but a commitment would be nice....Geaux Tigers

6. islstl

last year's O-line class does afford us to be a little thin in this class at that position....but yes we're going to have to get a couple of good ones eventually

7. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

I assume you mean DL but you didn't say OL or DL. I thought Ed Oliver, the 5* DT from Houston would pick LSU, and I still think he might flip. I think everyone knows the ONLY reason he picked Houston was to play for his HS coach who just got hired as HC there. IMO, that is only going to go so far. When the college football season begins and he sees LSU getting national attention and their players and Houston being a minor footnote each Saturday, I would peg it 75% that Oliver ends up signing with LSU. Even his old HS coach I don't think would blame him much for wanting to play on "the big stage" instead of a mid-level conference. Of course, regardless, LSU already has DT Alexander in the fold and predict Lawrence will commit to the Tigers also. That would be 2 5* DTs...and if Oliver flips to LSU, 3 5* DTs. LBer will be fine also. LSU has a much more aggressive recruiting presence for LBer now...and I'm not talking Orgeron. For the LBers, I'm talking Steele vs Chavis.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. islstl

oh yeah, he probably meant DL and he would be correct, we need a great haul this year

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

In regards to the DL I was disappointed we did not get Kendell Jones. I felt we had pulled within reach of getting his verbal. But we should definitely get Lawrence and Logan. We have a legitimate shot at landing Taylor but it looks to be a toss up between us and Auburn. I hope Eyeofthetiger is right about Oliver but I have my doubts. I think we can count him out. Defensive ends will be a problem for us this year. Louisiana does not have much to offer that I can see and it is not too likely we will get any quality ends out of state. We only signed two last year and just lost a number to graduation and the pros, so DEs could be a hole in our recruiting picture this year.

10. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Despite some of his public statements saying good things about LSU, I never considered K Jones much of an LSU chance. I'm guessing 3rd choice at best behind both Alabama and Texas. I agree about RL and GL. The 4 I predicted several months ago at DT were Alexander, Lawrence, Logan, and Oliver. I will stick with those 4. I don't see S Taylor signing with LSU. LSU doesn't seem to have the best record at getting multiple guys from the same school in the same recruiting class. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Oliver didn't commit to Houston just to give some publicity to his HS coach...which he did BTW and his one commitment raised Houston 49 spots in the 24/7 team rankings. He will end up in purple and gold..just watch. Yeah, DEs are not prominent this year compared to DTs...either in LA or the rest of the nation. I just get the gut instinct that the services focused on DTs more than DEs. so there are some very good ones out there that IMO were underscouted. Arden Key from 2015 should be a star at DE and if no one steps forward opposite T Bower, I think AK may start this season for LSU...maybe several games into the season.