Official 2016 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by EyeoftheTiger 2015, Feb 17, 2015.

1. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Keeping up with the 24/7 Crystal Balls so far, it appears like this 2016 class has a real chance to be epic. So far, the names I see associated with LSU:

Commits:
    Feleipe Franks (QB) - 4* from FL
    Stephen Sullivan (WR) - 4* from LA
    Dee Anderson (WR) - 4* from TX
    Jamal Pettigrew (TE) - 4* from LA
    Donavaugh Campbell (OL) - 4* from LA
    Clifford Chattman (S/LB) - 3* from LA
    Ed Alexander (DT) - 5* from LA
    Savion Smith (CB) - 5* from FL
    Cameron Lewis (S) - 4* from LA

Supposed Clear Leader:
    Willie Allen (OL) - 5* from LA
    Devin White (RB/LB) - 4* from LA
    Keion Joyner (LB) - 5* from NC
    Ed Oliver (DT) - 4* from TX
    Kristian Fulton (CB) - 4* from LA
    Michael Divinity (LB) - 4* from LA
    Glen Logan (DT) - 4* from LA
    Andraez Williams (CB) - 4* from LA
    Stephon Taylor (DT) - 4* from LA
    Rashard Lawrence (DT) - 4* from LA
    Mykel Jones (WR) - 4* from LA

Supposed Minor Leader
    Eric Monroe (S) - 5* from TX
    Khalil Ladler (S) - 4* from GA

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
    LSUDad likes this.
  2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We definitely have a shot at having an epic class in 2016. However we aren't the leader for a few of those guys, especially Willie Allen. He looks like a Bama lean at this point. Mykel Jones supposedly wants to play with Patterson. Plus with already having two WR's on board in addition to the amazing class we pulled in this year I doubt if we get Jones.

Anyway, we could pull in an amazing cornerback class once again and after listening to Coach Frank I'm thinking we will have a great lb class too. Joyner, Divinity and White are huge prospects for this class and I'm hoping Saban doesn't offer White as a RB while LSU offers him as a LB. Heard he wants to give RB a try even though he would be a perfect fit as a lb or DE. Chavis leaving and Steele coming helps us with Divinity.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. EyeoftheTiger 2015

More recruiting analysts have LSU as their prediction including the last 4 for Willie Allen. Mykel Jones I might agree with you on....could be dated predictions but IMO he isn't exactly a high priority to me anyway. BTW, for the couple you brought up, obviously there are others that LSU is probably in better shape on that I presented...but the returns really aren't in yet. For example, Ladler's teammate at IMG Saivion Smith the #1 CB in the nation from Florida is going to be at the National JR day at LSU this weekend. And FSU is supposedly the leader but instead of going to FSU as scheduled, he is coming to BR instead. That can't be a bad sign.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Willie Allen is going to be an uphill battle for us. Not impossible but not likely either.

5. EyeoftheTiger 2015

I'm going the other way on that one. As the Scout.com people pointed out, LSU has lost the top LA OL each of the last 2 years...2014 with Robinson to Alabama and 2015 Tillery to Notre Dame. But I like to call that BG...which is the acronym for "before Grimes". I think Alabama and everyone else better come to the realization that Studrawa isn't the OL coach anymore and his poor, poor recruiting is going to be a fond, distant memory for them. Obviously Grimes came in too late to have a chance with Tillery since the guy had his mind made up a long time ago. Allen is a different story. I will go on record right now that Willie Allen ends up signing with LSU for 2 reasons: 1) Grimes is a hell of a recruiter for his unit and 2) Alabama has oversigned OL the last couple of years....they have signed 11 OL the last 2 years...LSU only 7.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No offense but I'm gonna put my money with @bhelmLSU over a flame job who won't be here come next signing day

7. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Don't worry, I don't really count your opinion as ever being informed....or accurate for that matter. As far as "flame job", that is usually what a dim match might say. The analogy in your case I don't believe has to be explained.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It's not an opinion you dimwit, beings this is your 2nd run at this board you should know that bh doesn't miss on much. His info is gold and I dare you to find anyone here that will either disagree with that OR more importantly think your word is more valuable than his.

Go on, I can see you are making lots of friends already, please pour some fuel on that fire.

You are such an idiot and really should have been a blow job. I will enjoy screwing with you for as long as you are here. Shit for brains!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    red55, COTiger and ParadiseiNC like this.
  9. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Guy, you're an arrogant, ignorant A-hole! As far as Helm, I have no quarrel with him but no one is perfect....well, except you of course. He thought Lewis would sign with LSU and probably with good reason BTW. However, that WAS a miss just like I missed on that one also. If you believe anyone's "info is gold", you must be pyrite-hounding fool! And BTW, you are the one who said I insinuated my word was more valuable than his. He gave his opinion and I countered with mine and gave reasons why. Now, crawl back under your rock and PRETEND like you know squat. You are a buffoon!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    gumborue likes this.
  10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Smith is actually one of the guys I had in mind when I made my comment of the great db's we will bring in. We'll see how that goes. And I agree we will have some unknown guys come into the picture as we always do. I was just stating that no matter what the crystal balls say we are not presently the leaders for Allen nor Jones nd might not actually be the leaders for a few others on that list. Hey I hope you are right on Allen.

EyeoftheTiger 2015 likes this.