Official 2007 NSD thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by khounba, Feb 7, 2007.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Mike Scarbourough is the main reason I quit paying for Tigerbait and started coming here several years ago. He publishes everything he hears as gospel when most of the time its some wild azz unsubstantiated rumor. What I like about this site is Brett and the other admins/mods arent on here trying to spoon feed the masses with what we want to hear. Instead we are allowed healthy discussion without admins trying to fan our flames and giving us unreliable info. I know much of what gets posted here as "insider info" is probably coming directly from either tigerdroppings or tigerbait and most of the time its wrong. I dont know how they are today but when I was on those sites it was rediculous the number of unsubstantiated rumors that came out as reported "news" or "insider scoop".

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

All indications are that Chad gets drafted in the first 2 rounds. If thats the case, a million bucks is not out of sight at all. He also stated in several articles that baseball is his #1 love. I'm glad we got him though because you never know about the MLB draft. However, given the chance to play football or baseball at the highest level he is going to play baseball. More money and less potential for injury.

3. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I don't see him going that high in the Draft. That's just my opinion. You never know though.

4. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Everything is a "rumor" until NSD

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Congratulations to Coach Miles and staff on another great recruiting class.

We only missed on one who obviously bought into the great myth called California. In my opinion...to be the best you must beat the best. That's why I'm a fan of the SEC. I guess if you're content with beating scrubs just to ensure you win, then the Pac-10 is where you want to be.

Although we had to endure another round of childish antics from some recruits and watched as some made poor decisions (Luther Davis), I think that most of our guys are class acts and really wanted to play for a top-notch program, with great fans, great atmosphere, great tradition, and a coaching staff that is honest and sincere. To play in Tiger Stadium against teams like Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, etc. is just awesome and reserved for a privileged few.

It's a great day to be a Tiger! (Real Tiger...no pussycats from Auburn) :hihi:

:geauxtige :helmet: :geauxtige :crystal: :geauxtige :helmet: :geauxtige Is it football season yet?

1 person likes this.
  6. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

Hey, stat wise its a great choice for him. There is no defense in the Pac-10, thus very little challenge (Though the SEC will make him vastly more pro ready).

Anyways, we got all but one that we targeted so Id call that success. Congratulations coach Miles!

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Nevis had a impressive Bayou Bowl. Looks real promising.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAhMY5JwbPM[/MEDIA]

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

The entire LA D-line made the Texas O-line look like Pop Warner players. It's no wonder LSU has had the top D-line for a while. Get one of these guys a year and you've done pretty good.