Off-season talk

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Feb 15, 2013.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The Chargers have cut Robert Meachem.

2. mctiger

And the winner in the Andy Tanner/Preston Parker battle is.......Tanner. Parker waived. Baraka Atkins also out.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Roby is a little surprising, since he has been strong on special teams, but he didn't really add value as a WR, so I think they kept Rafael Bush because he's more athletic than Roby and he may be able to contribute some on offense.

4. mctiger

To be honest, I didn't pay attention to who really stood out on special teams, so I don't know who they have that they see as the replacement to Roby. It could be that, for this season at least, Vaccaro will be molded into that role. Remember that Jenkins, as a rookie on the Super Bowl team, was an outstanding special teams player. That said, I'm surprised that they let Parker go. That leaves 5 receivers; I'd feel much better with 6. And Parker would have been insurance as a backup to Sproles on returns. But....very happy for Tanner. If anyone deserved a shot at a roster spot, it was him.

5. fanatic

I know that technically Sproles is an RB, but he might as well be a receiver. Unless there's an injury, Thomas and Ingram will get most of the carries.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Man, the Tigers play and this portion of the board goes completely silent, LOL.

7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

[​IMG]

fanatic and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. mctiger

nola.com reporting the Saints have signed Robert Meachem to a one-year contract.

9. fanatic

Who did we get rid of to make room for him? When he was here before, Drew's QB rating on passes thrown to him was insane, so if he can recapture some of that production, then great, but I'm skeptical. The Chargers don't have the greatest WR core in the NFL, so if he can't make that team, I wonder what he's going to bring to us?

Anyone want to take odds on what week he ends up on the IR? I say by week 4.

10. mctiger

Havent announced anything yet, but speculation is Vilma is going on IR or PUP.