Oeaux's Wife Nearly Died

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jul 2, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think everything is. It’s the fucked up air food and water we consume.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Pretty sure sclorosus and scoliosis are two very diff conditions. Assuming that's what you meant by MS...

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

And the weed. :/

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That’s the only thing keeping me alive I’ve come to realize

Bengal B and LSUTiga like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

3 main causes which can be related to people in todays society who dont get enough sun (staying inside doing video games), smoking (cigarettes or weed) and obesity (playing video games and eating no exercise). It aint the air, the water or the food. Millennials will get MS more than anyone else.

Vitamin D
    Growing evidence suggests that vitamin D plays an important role in MS. Low vitamin D levels in the blood have been identified as a risk factor for the development of MS. Some researchers believe that sun exposure (the natural source of Vitamin D) may help to explain the north-south distribution of MS. People who live closer to the equator are exposed to greater amounts of sunlight year-round. As a result, they tend to have higher levels of naturally-produced vitamin D, which is thought to support immune function and may help protect against immune-mediated diseases like MS.

Smoking
    The evidence is also growing that smoking plays an important role in MS. Studies have shown that smoking increases a person’s risk of developing MS and is associated with more severe disease and more rapid disease progression. Fortunately, the evidence also suggests that stopping smoking — whether before or after the onset of MS — is associated with a slower progression of disability.

Obesity
    Several studies have shown that obesity in childhood and adolescence, particularly in girls, increased the risk of later developing MS. Other studies have shown that obesity in early adulthood may also contribute to an increased of developing MS. Also, obesity may contribute to inflammation and more MS activity in those already diagnosed with MS.

Chipeace likes this.
  6. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

What a great article, thanks for sharing this. Quite a strong woman to have gone through so much and still show up to the party when life calls. I never knew anything about his wife until reading this. A good looking lady too. God bless her...

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Now I feel bad for him and her. I didn't want any empathy for him but I can't unread this. She's tough as nails. I hope he succeeds for his well-being but especially hers.

Brian, LSUTiga and MikeInLa like this.
  8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Sure it was. It's the most riveting part of the story.

“I wish they would have never woken me up from this one,” she said aloud, and her husband roared, threw himself on top of her and screamed, “Me and the boys can’t do this life without you!”

A three-day stay in the hospital turned into 21, and her husband was summoned two days after her final surgery to Destin, Fla., for Southeastern Conference spring meetings. A friend stayed with Kelly for the duration of her hospital stay, and she returned to Louisiana two weeks later, living with a purse-sized bag attached to her side under her clothing—some of the worst few weeks of her life. Scott Owens, while on business trips to south Louisiana, stayed with his sister during that time.

9. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I agree tirk. Before reading this, I had no feeling about Coach O, one way or the other. But the article gives you a glimpse into his personal life and lets you know a little bit more about him. Of course I wanted him to succeed before because I want to see the Tigers win. But now I'm really pulling for Coach O to pull off a winning season. It sounds like they deserve a break in this life.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

His twins went to Mandeville High with my daughter. He showed up often and was a good guy there.

Brian, ParadiseiNC, LSUTiga and 2 others like this.