Oeaux, Oeaux Oeaux Geaux Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Aug 5, 2017.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It's the opposite of what they did

You go after the best regardless. They didn't do that at all. If you miss out you go to plan b. There was no real plan a or b. Again.

The idiots in charge don't believe in lsu football. They believe academia rules the roost.

So again you're saying lsu should know who it is. So no Gruden or saban. I don't even know what that means. If either would hint they are interested you might wanna try to find out.

I think what you're saying is lsu isn't big enough to hire a saban or Gruden. Lsu helped make saban but we needed the vision of Emmert to get there. That's the one thing we are lacking now. The vision and leadership of a president/AD. Limiting our scope like you're doing here is the actual problem. LSU is bigger than the idiots in charge.

Perple, Winston1 and GregLSU like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Its what they did after they missed on 1 and 2. Threw in the towel

Sure, find out if they are interested.
    We absolutely made Saban, and Miles. Neither were world beaters before they got here. That is exactly my point. If we did it twice we can do it again. Just have to find the right one. Getting into a bidding war with Ohio St or any of the other big boys (not that we aren't) is just not good business. Let those dudes be and we make another one.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  3. shane0911

I wonder what the Top 10 jobs would look like from different folks. There are jobs like Texas that the national media portray as one of the best. I don't see it. I think the LSU job is better than the Texas job but so what right?

4. tirk

Your argument is we shouldn't go after the big fish and know who we are.

I contend we are easily a top 10 job and we get whomever we want. But we have idiots in charge with the same limited vision and it's been Lsus problem since it's inception. Minus the emmert/saban years. The remains of which helped Les become the mad hatter and not another Dinardo at least for awhile.

Now with that missing vision and leadership most can feel we are again on unstable foundation. Coaching transitions often mark a timeline of a football university. Usually for the worst since most are unsuccessful. That's where we are now hence the trepidation of many.

5. shane0911

I'm agreeing with you dumb dumb

6. tirk

You're trying but you've failed spectacularly.

7. shane0911

No, you just became taint. Not sure how or why. Oh well. I have enough idiots to deal with already

8. tirk

No I didn't. I simply said lsu deserves better than 2nd tier coaches and administrators.
    You said we should aim lower and I disagreed. We had a decade between saban and Les to see the potential when the politics are left out. Due to emmert. That may never happen again.

9. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I agree. I don't think anybody in this thread so far has gone off the deep end like Tap...

The fact is, if Ed Orgeron wasn't the LSU interim coach, he would never have been considered for this job. The person that said that he was more qualified than Les when Les got here must be smoking something. Coach O was one of the worst head coaches in the history of the SEC at Ole Miss. I'm not exaggerating.

Now, has he learned and changed?? We're about to find out, but I still think the hire was well below the standards of a top 10 type national program and I think time will bear that out.

Saban was a great hire and LSU allowed him to reach his full potential and vice versa. Miles, hard to argue it was a bad hire. A national championship and another appearance in the title game. Yeah, he eventually needed to go because it just wasn't working anymore, but overall, have to be considered a good hire.

StaceyO and KyleK like this.
  10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I'm in the small camp that believes O was a good choice to fill the gap till someone better with a solid history of growth would come along. If O proves he can carry this or the next team to Atlanta on his shoulders, he may have just earned the gig. But Atlanta is pretty fuggin far away. So he, to me, is a gap filler till proven otherwise.

Herman lost me in the last 3 weeks of Houston's season. Mailing it in did nothing but demonstrate that he could do it again. I still prefer O over him, similar to Aleva. But don't get me wrong on Aleva. I think he is the very reason we cannot attract a top 5 coach. His history at Duke will never be forgiven by those potential suitor's, among his public handling of Miles. Dudes a fucking mess and his mess has become our eternal crayon picture. With Aleva, we are a hot potato

kcal and ROY_LA_CA like this.