Oeaux, Oeaux Oeaux Geaux Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

To the tune of the O'Reilly's jingle

OK, Oeaux was nobody's top choice. But due to the way things played out he was the best option as of the moment that first Jimbo and then Boy Wonder Herman turned us down.
    However you feel about it his coaching resume is a lot stronger than it was when he was hired at Ole Miss. But enough of that. Love him, like him or hate him Edward Jim Orgeron is our coach. There's plenty of time for hatin' on him if the season turns sour but as Tiger fans we should all get with the program and wait until a few games have been played to pass judgement.

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I agree with this in its entirety. Miles came in under uncertainty and won big each of 1st three seasons here, then minus the 2011 season, started the downward trend (most notably his stubbornness to not evolve) that inevitably led to his dismissal.

I was not sold on O, and there were some big losses last season that should've been W's. But under O LSU accomplished some things that haven't been done before. I still am not sold on O, but he has yet to coach his first full season as the HC of LSU.

While LSU should've done everything in their power to bring in their coach of choice, whether it be Fisher or Herman, they should've done everything to ensure their choice had no option but to say yes. they didn't.

Now we have O. I am a LSU fan. I will cheer for our Tigers and hope O is as successful as he can be. At the end of the day LSU is bigger then any one coach, and the more success O has, the more success the LSU program has. I'm all in for now.

3. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

You would think every LSU fan would feel the same way.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I feel that way, but I cannot shake the feeling that this isn't going to go well. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy that I am. I was very young when Charlie Mac was fired, and then I proceeded to watch LSU struggle for relevancy for the next twenty years before Saban came in and re-established the program. I don't want to become that version of LSU or become Tennessee after they fired Fulmer. I don't want to be nearly 70 before we're relevant again.

Perple, unclenick, tigermark and 2 others like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Come on Stacey, get with the program. We are all Tiger fans here. One team, one heartbeat. Except for taint who's soul has been possessed by the ghost of Bo Schembechler.

I like the way Oeaux has handled things so far. Sure, he's made a couple of mistakes but unlike our previous coach he has shown an ability to learn from the past. If he had been the coach at the beginning of last season we wouldn't have lost to Wisconsin and Auburn.

Brian and LSUpride123 like this.
  6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

What is the evidence of O's learning from the past? I think it's too early to know one way or the other on that.

Personally, I would not like to see LSU decline even further, so hopefully O has learned from the past.

Perple, unclenick and TigerTap like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You can see it in the way he delegates authority to his coordinators instead of micromanaging everything the way he did at Ole Miss.

Richdog likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Agree,

There are a couple of things. Did they give him the job along with a legitimate backing of the administration or is he simply a pawn to get us to the next guy. If it is the later then its already failed. Go get your guy now.

The other thing is, and just my opinion but LSU needs to realize who they are vs who they want to be.

StaceyO likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Didn't your English teacher tell you to say what you mean instead. What are you implying.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I don't trust him you don't trust him. The binder and shady shit during the hire reinforced that.

I really don't like the attrition. I'm not buying Canada stock either. I think I'd take Aranda but no ones above reproach. Maybe Duke riley made him instead of vice versa. Everyone thinks he's a head coach next year or an assistant in the NFL anyhow. He's low-key af for a college head gig.

unclenick and StaceyO like this.