Oeaux Creaux Buffet

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 14, 2017.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

The last guy got fired because he would never win the West again and he was giving way too fuckin long to do it. Fuck the record, how many trips to Atlanta you gonna make?
    I give Ed a few chances with his own team not his inherited team. If he's capable of beating everyone but Nick every year he should be fired...

Herman or Dumbo could be here and have the same record, easily...

Rouxleaux likes this.
  2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

It's like someone posted after UF, I'd would rather lose to Troy and beat Florida than be 4-2 with losses to UF and Miss St and a win over Troy. Add Auburn to that now too.

We were only 24 point home favorites against Troy. OU was a 34 point favorite over Iowa St. Clemson was a 24 point road favorite over Syracuse.....So on and so on. Point is, crazier shit has happened in previous years and even this year than Troy beating LSU.

Haters will bring that loss up for years to come but anybody with a decent football IQ understands that the better team loses every now and again.

ParadiseiNC, jdkees and Bengal B like this.
  3. jdkees

jdkees Veteran Member

Very well said. The Clemson and OU loses were much bigger stories. It's healthy to put these things in perspective. My ultimate fantasy for this season would be to beat Alabama, as unlikely as that is. Fuuuuck that would feel good.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Yep I did say that I know exactly what I said. I said I am done with Canada until he changes and done with O if he doesnt change things. I also said we should wait till the end of the year and give O one more year to recruit unless there was a total colaspe. Also you will find no where that I said we should fire O. Things have changed in a big way and I am all in now. We did not colaspe and won 2 games I didn't think we could. For me I am still not totally sold on Canada but sold on O because the last 2 wins go to O. We were not playing with heart and motivation and that should come from the head coach, it did which shows me the kids are playing for him. We are still not utilizing our WRs thats on Canada. Been gladly eating crow after the last 2 wins didn't think we could win those based on the attitude of the team vs Troy. LSU played like the tigers we are used of seeing and as long as we do that I am backing O. Because we dont have the depth we need, not as healthy as we need and still too young I dont care if we finish 6-6 I am backing O as long as we play with heart and motivation. Coodinators and staff should be evaluated at the end of the year but I am satisfied with all except Canada, jury still out on him in my view.

stevescookin likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Falls on coaching. It does happen, but the fans shouldn’t be ok with it when it does. There is a balance between high expectations and reality.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It doesn’t seem as much a pipe dream as it did. I think we could be their Troy.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

LSU is the best coached team in the world. Every Saturday night, there's over 100,000 coaches in the stands. We're in great shape !!! Lol

Keep up the great work !!

GiantDuckFan and fanatic like this.
  8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

my post was not a defense of Les.

it was pointing out where the bar was set as far as expectations at LSU.

9-3 / 8-4 isn’t good enough.
    which is actually lower than your bar of having to win the West.

we now have a new coach.
    that coach needs to be held to the same standard that got the previous guy fired.

whether there new coach is O, Jimbo, Vince Lombardi, or my 7th grade son.

we made a change to get better.
    if we don’t at least stay even (at a bare minimum), then new guy has to geaux.

there was definitely less than 100k in the stands this past weekend.

kcal and stevescookin like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Michigan lost to a D2 school a few years ago

GregLSU and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

fired their coach that year too

GregLSU, ROY_LA_CA and lsu-i-like like this.