Oeaux Creaux Buffet

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 14, 2017.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Are they giving double servings of prune juice? Bingo night?

Bengal B likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

People here accuse me of saying the same thing over and over again. Well its because of guys like you. I could go into yet once again about all the very serious key injuries, how thin we are at key positions and the youth on this team but won't, we all know this it seems except you. Let's see you have given O what 7 games before declaring the "little time" you will allow this coach you are "stuck" with. In those 7 games he is now 5-2. His losses are to MSU who caught us at the wrong time and to Troy who if you look back we had to come back to beat when we had much much better teams twice in the past. Troy has always given us fits. Fast forwad to now. We beat Fla at home and beat a very very good top 10 Aub team. Lackluster win against Syracuse you say? You mean the Syracuse that beat the defending national champion? We are getting better in all phases of the game now that we are getting healthier which is what I wanted to see. All this yet you yes you after 7 games have declared that YOU will graciously give O "a little time" to a coach you are "stuck" with. Well you don't deserve a good coach because you are not a good fan. Yes I did stay with Miles too long but I unlike you, who apparently has a 7 game time table for a football coach, am a better and more loyal fan than you. Guys like you with your "we are stuck with a bad coach" attitude after only 7 games drive the recruits we need away. Then probabky complain that we are losing recruits and can't understand why. Well I guess O is "stuck" with you as a fan.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    didit, Rouxleaux and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

tldr

j/k, I read it...

I’ve been fairly supportive of O and Alleva. But to act like the criticism is unwarranted is asinine. You’re arguing against a straw man; most of the assertions you’re making are not true of me. And yes, you’re like a broken rekkid. Grampa.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

I was giving Coach O two season regardless. I will admit though I didn't think we could beat Auburn with 3 freshman on the offensive line. I will say that we are progressively getting better each week. That's all I wanted to see after the Troy loss. GEAUX TIGAS!!!!

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

You're the one who said you were done with Oeaux and Canada after the troy. Remember that?

Pretty sure Bengal B can dig that up even though he's not the one you should be responding to.

GregLSU and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He has me confused with 30 or 40 other posters.

7. didit

didit Veteran Member

i agree with this mostly... sometimes though, no matter how much a coach tries to motivate kids that every opponent should be respected, they go into a game thinking they can just toss the uni's on the field and come out with a win... look at clemson v syracuse... nobody had clemson losing that game... hopefully, the troy loss was the one that propels the team through the rest of the season...

GregLSU likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Sorry youngster just read your post and you posted after Saturdays game that we might start looking at Chip Kelly and that you will give O "a little time" and we are "stuck" with O. Did you post that or not? How would that attitude sound to a recruit if he reads this blog?

9. lsu-i-like

Not; don’t think I’ve ever talked about Kelly or stuck.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

what you for some reason don’t seem to grasp, is that the criticism was warranted.

at the time of the griping:
    just had worst loss in 112 year history of Miss St rivalry
    1st ever loss to a sunbelt team
    players were being thrown under the buss
    he threw his OC under the bus
    he got pissy with fans during radio show
    there were reports of general dysfunction within the program

there was absolutely valid reason to complain.
    you yourself even said you were done.

2 wins does not completely erase that.

is it moving in the right direction? it definitely appears to be. and he needs to keep that momentum rolling.

is it “fixed”? not enough data to answer that just yet.

expectations are high at LSU.
    they don’t get lowered much just because O is here.
    the last guy got fired for starting 2-2 a year after going 9-3,and winning 10 games in 4 of his last 5 seasons. That’s with a Natty and 2 SEC titles on his shelf.

O should be held to the same standards that Les was held to.
    8-4 or 9-3 ain’t good enough.
    He doesn’t have the skins on the wall to buy himself some extra leeway either.

Year one is his free pass (as long as he doesn’t completely tank it).
    Year two, he’s got to produce.

GregLSU, kcal, LSU_4_LIFE and 4 others like this.