October Ball: MLB Playoffs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Dirt Dog, Oct 1, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

there's your answer....glavine instead of floyd so the runners could be bunted over

problem: glavine is removed from the game and can't pitch if it went long in extra innings....not sure that should have been considered however

dont' think it matters....couldnt see either team putting up much of a fight vs. the perfect Tigers

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I may be wrong, but Willie Randolph seems to be a true class act. His post game comments were what I would want any manager to say after a tough loss. I cant imagine having to speak to the press after going what he went through. He may be a different guy then what I saw tonight, but I am proud of how he acted.

3. islstl

Randolph is a true gentleman. Class act personified.

When all is said and done, the series was lost for the Mets in game 2. A game they simply let get away from them.

Kruk said Randolph made a mistake by not putting in Wagner in the 9th. I disagree. Heilman was clutch down the stretch, really picked it up the 2nd half of the season, and was fresh to give you 2 good innings. And with a potential of extra innings a distinct possibility, you had to get a 2nd inning out of your 2nd best relief guy out of your bullpen. Wagner in the 10th, if it came to that, was the correct move. Bradford was already used, which is arguably your 3rd best option out of the pen.

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I don't mind Tim McCarver so much. But, he is a freaking idiot with that Fox Trax thing. Jeez..He'll rant about how a guy threw nothing but fastballs in an AB and then they good back pitch by pitch and their were 2 or 3 off speed pitches.

5. islstl

Yeah, like I said, Heilman has a 93 MPH changeup...pretty sweet