Obama Obama's Abuse of Power Checked

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jun 26, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Uhhh . . . OK. I have made no comments concerning declining executive orders, that is something you brought up. I mean, who cares? What I said was that your graph indicates that Obama has issued fewer executive orders than any president a century. The unspoken corollaries being that the orders-per-day ratio clearly indicates that this is unlikely to change and more importantly that the recent Republican feigned outrage at Obama's "abuse" of executive powers is political drama based upon a poor grasp of the facts. :D

Don't pretend that you don't understand a simple ratio. By balancing the order numbers to the number of days, Obama's 75% service rate is normalized. If there is any trend to be noticed here, it is that Obama is most likely to finish very close to his ratio. :)

Puuuhleeeeze! Is that a more sinister abuse of the process of checks and balances than the majority House party using contrived 30-minute meetings to ostensibly never go on recess again? Even though there are not enough congressmen left in Washington to do the business of government? Nothing exceeds like excess. o_O

There are two political parties trying to work around each other instead of working with each other. The polarization is too extreme for any kind of effective government. The vast population in the moderate middle are waiting for some visionary third party to emerge. It's looking like the Boomers ain't going to get it done, we are all either hippies or squares, nothing much has changed in 50 years. It will have to be some slacker Gen-Xer or a Millennial momma's boy to lead the Middlemen to the promised land. That is kinda scary but it could be groovy, man. :cool:

I saw you bat your eyes, right there. Your eloquence in stating the obvious is masterly, it makes me want to suspend mathematics, ignore political reality, and just gaze at you, smiling foolishly. I just can't taunt you any further. :rolleyes:

2. red55

Translation: I really wish he hadn't asked me that . . .

Translation: I'm a drive-by shooter. I don't have to be relevant.

Self-discrediting citations! I love it Alphonse.

That was . . , I say that was not Foghorn Leghorn. Listen to me when I'm talkin' to you boy.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I thought you were Yosemite Sam?

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"Nearly 150 migrants who entered the country illegally and are bound for a Border Patrol facility in Riverside County could be released from custody until the government figures out what to do with them, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials said Monday.

The border runners, whom federal officials say are mostly "adults with children," are among tens of thousands of citizens of Central American countries who have poured into the United States via Texas this year."

And you have to love the thought process...."CBP will transfer certain individuals to U.S. Immigration and Custom Enforcement's Removal Operations, where appropriate custody determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis, prioritizing national security and public safety."

The ICE document specifies that Murrieta will be the end point for "processing" the individuals, noting that they "may be released with instructions to report to a local ICE office near their destination address within 15 days."

So they broke the law and snuck in and are being transferred to a largely illegal immigrant community with no aid or assistance but we expect them to go visit an ICE office within 15 days? lol.

"the 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, policy initiative (read, MEMO) has served as an "inducement" for undocumented immigrants to make a dash across the U.S.-Mexico border.

"There's no question about a surge," Mehlman said. "The estimates are 90,000 DACA asylum-seekers this year and 150,000 next year. DACA sends a signal that if you're a minor, you'll get to stay in the United States, regardless of immigration status."

According to Mehlman, DACA is a spin-off of the DREAM Act, which has failed to attain federal legislative approval"

So, what exactly happens when Obama doesn't get his way? He not only signs EO's, he creates memos! If we included executive memos with EO's, I wonder what his daily rate would be?

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

6. red55

Blah, blah. Did you ever read the DACA? The only people that can be considered for it must have lived in the US continuously from July 15 2007 to July 15, 2012. None of these recent illegal immigrants are qualified to be considered under DACA. You can't honestly blame this on DACA. They are being processed for deportation, not for citizenship. There have always been illegals, there will always be illegals.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And we know that something like a government MEMO would never be abused or misconstrued. The CA surge going on is likely a result of people hoping to qualify either honestly or dishonestly for money, rights, education, etc and on the hope that Obama will continue to use executive action to decide the illegal immigration issue. It's a major inducement.

These folks headed for Riverside County, are not being processed for deportation. They are being bused from San Diego to Murrieta...."The Border Patrol's Rio Grande Valley sector has been overwhelmed by the arrivals, prompting the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to seek other locations to send them until their cases can be assessed." Assessed.....assessed! They are being let go and requested to go to an ICE office in 15 days. That is not deportation. That is busing them in and looking the other way!

8. red55

Sorry, but an act that does not include a person cannot be an inducement to him. That's just more anti-Obama political mud.

hve some patience. They are children. We can't just drive them to the border and drop them off. We are making arrangements with their countries so that there is someone there to receive them.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Of course it can. Ever hear of the American Dream?

How is patience going to help the dumping of 150 illegals? They are not all children. Some have adults with them and, "some of the "children" who have been showing up and surrendering to federal agents along the border look older than they claim and have been identified as affiliates of criminal syndicates such as the notorious MS-13."

We certainly could drive them to the border and drop them off....we just drove them from the border to Murrieta and dropped them off. How do you expect arrangements will be made with them and their cooperation? Once they get off the bus, they gone. They aren't going to an ICE office, they aren't going to check in with the Feds. They came here illegally. They have no respect nor requirement to obey the laws.

10. red55

Sure . . . and Obama did NOT invent it! You make my point, foreigners have been coming here since forever and have not been "induced" by DACA.

They aren't Mexicans and the Mexicans don't have to take them. Most are from central America. We can't just "drive" to the border and drop them off. Arrangements have to be made with their countries of origin.