Obama Obama's Abuse of Power Checked

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jun 26, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Red.... His name is Obama and he's....well he's.....he ain't white.....

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

BS LaSalle I have been as hard on W and Pelosi and many others. None of them are black or ethnic. It is because he is as incompetent as Carter or W and I strongly disagree with his politics.
    It is a lazy way to argue and distracts from the debate. Throwing bombs may make you laugh or feel good but it shows how shallow your thoughts are and poisons the well of discussion.

gyver likes this.
  3. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Your half right. Cause he ain't black either.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I really wasn't referring to you W, you've been very civil and I agree with you a lot, and disagree as well, but do respect your opinions, that was more of a general statement for the republican base.

Now I do agree that with a lot of people it's not just a black thing, with me, it's more of he isn't progressive enough, and is still a corporate shill.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Honesty, I think most conservatives have gotten past the race issue. They were just as rapid about Clinton. Many conservatives just cannot tolerate the notion that a democrat could win the Presidency. They foam at the mouth, call for impeachment, and seethe with outrage instead of working with the opposition for the good of the country. It's not race, it's just the same gridlock, obstruction, and hyper-partisanship we have come to expect from them. This is not Ronald Reagan's Republican party.

I quite agree. You should also make that point to your comrade, gyver.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Fair points though I think the Rs learned from the Ds and libs. Remember Robert Bork??? Howard Baker?...remember 1992 when the Ds lost congress for the first time in over 50 years ? pay any attention to Harry Reid and his work in the senate? remember Robert Packwood? Those are examples of mean petty obstruction that have been a hallmark of the Ds since Reagan.
    It is a 2 way street my friend though I think the tea party types have gone well over the top recently and the weak kneed R leadership has not been strong.
    It ain't Billy Cs Democrat party either. Remember he and Newt were on the phone working out a budget deal as he was being impeached. The only time the Ds have worked with Rs is when they have been in fear of being rolled over by popular anger in recent years.
    Washington is a sinkhole being led by little men these days. None of them Boehner, Reid, McConnell, Pelosi or Obama could carry the jockstraps of those serving when Reagan, Bush 1 or Clinton Newt, Tip O'Neil were in office.

gyver likes this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Kind of a role reversal. In the 1970-2000 period, the democrats were the most radical party, pulled to the left by the Teddy Kennedy liberals. But Clinton was the anti-Teddy and his progressive, populist stance appealed to moderates and moved the party towards the center before Kennedy even died. Meanwhile the Republicans have been pulled to the right by the Tea Party and have become the radical party. The Republican Bill Clinton must emerge for them, someone who can overcome the pull of the tea baggers and bring the GOP closer to the center, where the moderate votes that they seek can see them again.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It's been more than the two weeks since the C.A. refugees promised to return to a DHS office. Figured we could check in on their status.

"The AP reported in June that the administration would not say publicly how many immigrant families from Central America caught crossing into the U.S. it had released in recent months or how many of those subsequently reported back to the government after 15 days as directed. The AP noted that senior U.S. officials directly familiar with the issue, including at the Homeland Security Department and White House, had dodged the answer on at least seven occasions over two weeks, alternately saying that they did not know the figure or didn’t have it immediately at hand.

The Homeland Security Department’s public affairs office during the same period did not answer roughly a dozen requests for the figures."

A leaked audio recording revealed that it was at “a confidential meeting at its [ICE's] Washington headquarters with immigration advocates” where ICE acknowledged that 70 percent of those released “never showed up weeks later for follow-up appointments.”

Hmmm.....we've added another layer of law breakers to society.