Obama will not win

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, May 8, 2012.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Would it matter if homosexuals were deviant, sex fiends that only cared about fucking the same race? As long as they aren't infringing upon others rights, who cares? It shouldn't matter whats in that picture above.

And I'm sorry, there is no way in hell you can convince me that it's just happy coincidence that he has this "epiphany" now.

2. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Here's a cynical point of view Martin might even appreciate.

I care nothing at all about gay marriage on a moral or ethical level.

But a small (though still significant) part of my practice is domestic work. More people getting married very likely means more people getting divorced, which increases my potential client pool. I'm all for that.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I share this view, but I will state that if indeed you see marriage as a religious rite apart from a civil union, then you should object to the government imposing itself into religion. Separation of church and state and all that.

Two men want a civil union.....no problem.

Their church of choice is willing to marry them.....no problem.

Government tells the church it has to marry them.....problem.

gyver likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This!!!

I could care less about gays, fags, or whatever the term is. Even though I am not a religious person, I do understand that marriage extremely religious and important to people.

I know Red quoted the 67% of America's view on gay marriage, but that's not the point. The point is who will we be offending and stepping on in forcing states to marry gays.... These social issues are always about the minority, not the majority....

There are more than enough ways to give gays all the same rights and not change the institution of marriage as it stands now.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You state the obvious. Of course he's a politician with an election coming up. But when Clinton was President, support for gay marriage was 25%, now it is over 50% and in another 10 years it will be over 75%. Obama is clearly aware of a changing political climate and moving with it. Romney doesn't get it.

6. red55

Governments cannot get involved with religious rites. People get married by Justices of the Peace all of the time with no religious rituals. These laws are about legal rights to be married, not forcing religions to change their policies.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

regarding my posulate that people dont give a damn about anything except likeability, there is tons of evidence in fields that have objective measurements. with politics, you can have a difference of opinon, but you cant in spots. tim tebow and jeff francouer are objectively, measurably horrendous and have no business being professionals in their sport. but they are both white and christian and kinda happy go lucky fellas who are liked by dumb white hillbillies. so they have jobs in the big leagues and they are popular and people actually think they are good. and not just any people, but decisionmakers in their fields. and it is a simple, provable fact that they are terrible.

so this is a point in support of my theory that basically nobody on earth except me and maybe 3 or ther people in the world are capable of bjective analyis of anything.

and the fact is you should take a look at any candidate, decide how closely his politics agree with the economics of milton friedman, then vote based on that. this will maximize utility for humankind. but no one really gives a shit about humankind they just wanna pull a lever for an idiot.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

this new wireless keyboard i bought looks cool but isnt helping me in the typo dept.

10. red55

Tebow won a Heisman trophy, you doofus. That is "provably" pretty damned good.

gyver likes this.