Obama weakens and endangers America once again...

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Apr 17, 2009.

1. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

That was the other thing I was wondering about. What kind of idiots actually documented their torture methods on official documents? Do we really need official records on how many times we slammed Habib's face into the wall?

The people affected by this document release on have themselves to blame for keeping the freaking documents in the first place.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The more important question is what does releasing this info accomplish?

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

So are you saying that administrations before Bush used torture, knowing it was illegal, until stupid Bush came along and let the cat out of the bag? I have my doubts as to whether simulated waterboarding and sleep deprivation constitute torture in the classic sense, but it seems to me that if the President deems it necessary, then its legal.

It also appears you feel if Bush had not "lost his mind," then the 2nd of your types of torture scenarios (covert but deniable) would have continued. I wasn't aware that Bush ordered flogging or racking prisoners in public squares.

From aclu.org
    From cbsnews.com

From nytimes.com
    Sounds like the Bush Admin meant for things to remain secret, but they got screwed by a known-left wing sympathizing organization, and the media.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that CBS News, NY Times, et al, will keep The Chosen One's secrets better than they kept W's.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

All kings and governments for all time have used torture at some point. Only the foolish ones conducted it overtly because it encourages your enemies to reciprocate.

That's a fundamental misunderstanding of the American Constitution and legal system.

Sound more like an organized and intentional series of leaks that couldn't be missed.

That's a fundamental misunderstanding of how the media treats any big story.

5. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Just because the president thinks something is necassary, that damn sure doesn't make it legal. Even if it happens to be something you may agree with. :huh::huh:

Nixon and Watergate come to mind.

6. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

I've not a clue why he is releasing it. Seems pretty pointless to me. Hopefully there's more than meets the eye than a "see bad guys, we aren't so bad anymore" thing.

7. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: As long as the media is left, you'll go to the end of the world to defend them.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

but red's a moderate, lest you forget.

:eek:

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Blaming the media for the republican's failures is a tired old pretense. Blaming them for Obama's popularity is new, but equally imperceptive.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

You're the tired old pretense. Another bleeding heart liberal trying to act responsible by claiming you're a non-conformist moderate. You couldn't survive without the Democrats. You're just the type of person they covet. :lol:

The Republican's failures have nothing to do with the media. The false pretense that the Democrats have a freaking clue about anything has everything to do with the media's success in leading the sheep.

As long as the Democrats have the poor, lazy, and un-informed in their back pocket, they'll continue to have success.

Obama's popularity unfortunately has nothing to do with his ability or credibility. Enjoy paying off those credit cards he continues to swipe at your expense!