Politics Obama Proves Bush Was Right All Along

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

For a more complete reading of the Iraq War resolution see from Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

The war had bi-partisan support that included the most prominent Democrats. It used much of the intelligence developed by the Clinton administration. Those closest to the Clinton administration's intelligence team supported the war. All were sure Saddam had WMDs. Likewise so were Putin, the French and Germans who sold him the tools to make them and even his generals who were so convinced they asked him to release them as the coalition was driving to Baghdad.

Also unlike our current President, W could form a broad coalition as detailed in the Wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-National_Force_–_Iraq#Countries_that_deployed_troops_to_Iraq

The claims of those same Ds that they were not involved or were fooled is baseless.

None of this exempts the Bush administration from the primary responsibility of screwing up the consequences of the invasion. It WAS an example of our arrogance in thinking we could manage a society we had little understanding of and relying on Iranian stooges such as Chalabi for the formation of post Saddam Iraq.

Bush is responsible for the waste of thousands of lives and trillions of $$. He is also responsible for the refusal to pay for the war through tax increases.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Who said anything about Kerry or Clinton? You said that Saddams WMD's ended up in Syria and got used, both of which are not true. That is revisionist history. Saddams WMD's were destroyed during UNSCOMS 10-year mission in Iran and did not exist when we invaded Iraq. This is all on the record.

3. red55

As usual, when you've exhausted your logic you turn from debating the issue into insults. Strike three, you're out.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Gee Red I must have struck a little too close to the truth as you responded to that jest (still don't recognize a jibe) but not my point.

5. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Who's record? Not James Clapper and others who said that WMDs / Technology was moved to Syria in convoys BEFORE the deadline. It didn't fit the media narrative so not a lot of traction. The record you state as fact is what you want to hear. Saddam had and used WMDs, and he had a program ready to ramp up again. The inspection teams were regularly blocked from areas, but nothing to see here right? Saddam's weapons were destroyed in Iran by UNSCOMS? The vast majority of Democrats signed off on stopping that when Bush went before Congress.

6. red55

Dude, James Clapper was one of the original administration liars about the WMD's. he has offered not a shred of evidence. His credibility in Washington is approximately zero.

Clapper said ''The obvious conclusion one draws was that there may have been people leaving the scene, fleeing Iraq, and unquestionably, I am sure, material.''

In 2003, Clapper, then head of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, attempted to explain the absence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq by asserting that the weapons materials were "unquestionably" shipped out of Iraq to Syria and other countries just before the American invasion, a "personal assessment" which Clapper's own agency head at the time, David Burpee, "could not provide further evidence to support".

Two U.S. representatives accused Clapper of perjury for telling a Congressional committee in March 2013, that the NSA does not collect any type of data at all on millions of Americans. One senator asked for his resignation, and a group of 26 senators complained about Clapper's responses under questioning. Observers have described Clapper as having lied under oath, having obstructed justice, and having given false testimony.

Read the factual record if you wish. I can cite more.

http://fas.org/news/iraq/1997/01/9701-fco-unscom.htm

Then show me the evidence that says otherwise. You can't, not even on FOXNews. Our own American inspectors warned us that no WMD's would be found in Iraq. And guess what . . . none were. Scott Ritter led 4500 USNCOM inspectors.

Don't believe me, listen to Condi Rice and Colin Powell in 2001.

Iraq, the spelling-corrector on my iPad is stupid. Yes, UNSCOM destroyed, removed, or rendered harmless Saddams WMD's. Tons and tons of them. All of them.
    • an assembled 'supergun' - a huge static artillery piece with a range of up to 1,000 km;
    • 151 Scud missiles, 19 mobile launchers, 76 chemical and 113 conventional warheads for Scuds, 9 conventional warheads for Al-Fahd missiles;
    • a number of missile launch support vehicles; a substantial amount of rocket fuel and component chemicals; 28 operational fixed Al-Hussein missile launch pads, and a further 32 fixed launch pads at various stages of completion; 11 decoy missile and 9 Scud decoy vehicles, 2 SS-21 guidance and control sets and more than 200 imported guidance and control components;
    • equipment for the production of missiles and components;
    • more than 480,000 litres of chemical warfare agents (including mustard agent and the nerve agents sarin and tabun);
    • more than 28,000 filled and nearly 12,000 empty CW (involving 8 types of munitions ranging from rockets to artillery shells, bombs and ballistic missile warheads;
    • nearly 1,800,000 litres, more than 1,040,000 kilogrammes and 648 barrels of some 45 different precursor chemicals for the production of chemical warfare agents;
    • equipment and facilities for CW production; and
    • Al-Hakam, Iraq's main biological warfare agent production facility, together with equipment from subsidiary BW facilities at Al-Manal and Al-Safah.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Thank goodness I stay out of these threads. My clearance would be revoked in a heartbeat.

titoabad1 likes this.
  8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Can Bush really be "right" about a situation his administration created?

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So let me get this straight. This Clapper idiot thinks Iraq coordinated and smuggled WMD's out of the country, all gone we don't find any evidence of any of them. But they can't stop some dudes terrorizing them driving in the back of a Mitsubishi pick up truck?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014