Obama audio: Constitution has a "blind spot" and "fundamental flaw"

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 27, 2008.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My first assessment of Obama will be to see the quality of the appointments he makes. Secondly it will be to see if he reaches across the aisle for some consensus with the loyal opposition and if he reaches across the sea for some consensus with our vital allies.

Bush's principle failure was his belief that being elected with 50% of the vote gave him a mandate to act imperiously at home without regard for the other 50 percent of the citizens and to act unilaterally abroad without regard for our allies. It was an amazingly shortsighted and foolish policy and a clear failure from a man who famously described himself as a "C-student".

I think Obama is far smarter than that. He was magna cum laude at Columbia and Editor of the Law Review at Harvard Law School. I've read his books and he is not a radical. He is as smooth a speaker and clear a thinker as Bill Clinton, the Rhodes Scholar.

McCain has been a fine Senator, but he finished near the bottom of his class at Annapolis and is well known for being rash, hot-headed, and quick to anger. That's not what we need right now.

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Re: What a crock

I believe racism was, is, and will be present in America and the entire world. We can't eliminate it but we can deal with it.

I think one thing that has become quite clear this election is that white people are not the only people capable of prejudice, bias, etc.

The race card has been played too many times in the last decade to the point it no longer has credibility. Double standards have been in effect for many years as some wanted to atone for the sins of the past.

That game is coming to an end. It will still be played out under an Obama administration but other minorities (especially the largest - Hispanic) are quickly growing tired of the "woe is me" mentality.

If refugees and illegal immigrants who have only recently arrived in America can be successful...anybody can. No excuses!

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Re: What a crock

I can agree with just about all of this.

I'm not an Obama supporter, but anyone who heard this clip, and got anything more out of it that my previous post either wasn't listening, or is just reaching and stretching to smear the guy.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i dont believe the constitution is a sacred document. it is not perfect and never will be. times change and the constitution should change.

i am not referring to any specific issue, but i dislike how the founding fathers and the constitution are held up as infallible (of course we're discussing something important like gay marriage, flag burning or prayer in schools).

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Keep telling yourself you're making the right decision. You may actually convince yourself. Another thing. Let go of the Bush thing. He's yesterday's news.

Smart people are a dime a dozen in this world. Like foxes.

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Can't your grasp you are both making the wrong decision?

7. red55

Oh, I made the right decision. Obama may not be perfect, but he doesn't have a post turtle for a vice presidential running mate.

He's the President of the United States and the 900 pound gorilla in the Republican party. He's a millstone around the Republican's neck and we'll let him go after he drowns them.

People who think they are smart are a dime a dozen. True intellect is rare.

8. red55

I can grasp that you can't make a decision at all.

9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I'm sure that Obama would agree with you...and Karl Marx would too.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

But Joe Biden does.

That's rich. McCain is guilty by association because he's in Bush's party but Ayers, Rezco, Wright and Raines are irrelevant.:dis:

Glad you are aware of your own shortcomings.:lol:

2 people like this.