Obama and Healthcare reform

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Feb 22, 2010.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I was trying to skirt the TF rules.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

nothing really. it is quite scary. but status quo is scary too. im hoping the gop gets house control and makes several adjustments.

it basically means that the sob bankers took risks with our money.

well, its been a problem for a long time. everyone knows about it. we arent going to keep talking about it and talking about it and talking about it.

besides now is not really the time. the economy has to be righted, then something major should be done about the swamping entitlements.

1 person likes this.
  3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

visited my mother this week (we live about 1000 mi apart). it really disturbed me that she thought that now that the bill was signed that her medicare advantage plan has been cancelled. she's been looking at buying other private party plans for $1000/mo. she also thought that medicare does not cover any hospitalization.

just makes me realize how many people out there thing such ridiculous things and how successful the gop has been at throwing darts (she only watches foxnews).

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I think you are misplacing the blame here.

5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

And demand that I do the same as you. How very American.

The morphed concept that SS is an everlasting entitlement is wrong but not surprised that doesn't bother you. The reality that congress has and will spend the money elsewhere should be an abject lesson when allowing them to begin another entitlement. But I guess these guys have shown you they will be more responsible than the last 40+ years of congress?

You seem to love the govt telling me what to do with my $. Not talking about taxes, but them actually telling me how much to save and what it must be for. How very American.

And who is fixing it? Adding another huge expansion is going to alleviate these problems? Making speeches about it as you spend at a faster rate is making it better? No, that is called "ignoring the problem".

They also have access to hundred of thousands of dollars in "contributions". Do you? No? So because they have access to information, you assume they will do the moral thing and fix a problem? Seen a lot of that in your lifetime have you?

Doctors do like money. Not many people don't, but all the ones I have ever known most certainly care more about people than any other profession I have ever seen. Maybe we should denigrate accountants and mechanics also? Clearly they care more about $ than people. Hell all I do is sell some wine. I must only care about $ and not people at all. :insane:

What are you saying here? Veterinarians or veterans?

1 person likes this.
  6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The real problem is they stole it in the first place. The fact that they misapropriated is exactly why I don't want them stealing anymore. There is 0 chance that the taxes being collectedto pay for healthcare subsidies will be used for that purpose 2 generations from now.

I think they should keep their hands out of our pockets and let folks make and live with their own decisions.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

perhaps, but i do acknowledge most of the blame is on her. glad im around to set her straight about stuff like this. id be second to blame if she ever acts on misinformation.

you seem to think that a lot of things in and about America (past present and future) are unAmerican. perhaps you should revisit your definition.

im not one for buying into some ideology whole hog. it makes sense to me for the gov to force people to save a small but significant % of their income, since, obviously, there are quite a few that wont do it for themselves. wouldnt you think this would be an improvement over SS since it stays your money. you are effectively saving 12.4 % now, but you have no control over it. as we now, you may not see dime 1 of that 12.4 % tax.

there are more immediate problems, as i wrote. i dont consider prioritization to be "ignoring". perhaps they will ignore it, but i hope not.

yes i assume they will do the moral thing. what else is there to do? not vote? vote for people that you believe will do the right thing. if they do the wrong thing, vote for someone else.

accountants, mechanics and wine brokers (?) arent supposed to care about people. there is a shortage of primary care and particularly rural care mds. i think its because they value money more. i dont think they are evil or immoral, just not so altruistic. do you really think plastic surgery is the hardest residency to get because so many mds want to help burn vicitms?

i do have more respect for the profession since the ama came out in support for the health care reform bill.

veterinarians.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

id like that too, but i thought the great depression showed the scale of suffering that can occur without ss.

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

No, I think your vision of America and your right to control how I spend my $ is unAmerican. You should actually pay attention to what I write.

This is really all you need to say. There is no hiding this ideology, and no this is not what this country was founded on. It is why we left Europe. You really should read a bit more about world history and look at how economics are directly effected by social movements. Nothing else you have to say now holds any validity to me.

So the debt being out of control is bad. Existing entitlements being broken and unfunded is bad. Adding to the debt and creating a new entitlement is "prioritizing". :insane:

Good luck with that.
    Try dropping your naivety. Congress is not even attempting to hide what they are doing anymore. Invoking words like "morality" and "social justice" does not make their actions so. People here are concerned because they perceive that congress is not doing the moral thing, and they are speaking up. Educating and waking voters up is the way to facilitate change and correction. You advocate nothing. How about you concern yourself with perpetuating your lackadaisical attitude and I will concern myself with my proactive one.

That's funny. The driving force behind this administration's philosophy is that everyone should care about everyone else, and the govt should enforce it or penalize you if you don't. Your support for that indicates you agree.

Then you should put your $ where your mouth is. Go to med school, get your md, go to a rural community and starve to show other doctors by example how much more you care about people, and how they should be through example - instead of advocating that govt force them in to this.

It's the hardest because it is in the most demand by the public. Your implication is that plastic surgery does not help people every day? It's all hot tubs and champagne? And why do you get to decide what another person's moral compass should be in regards to their career or their money? Are they a menace to society? Does anyone get to pass that judgement on you? Or tax you for your lack of caring?

A misnomer at best. At worst a complete misrepresentation of how actual doctors feel about this bill.

These % have been well publicized. I leave it you to dispute them, based on???? Well, nothing.

You equate becoming/staying a veterinarian is just as hard as becoming/staying a:

Neurosurgeon
    Cardiologist
    Anesthesiologist
    Or even and ER surgeon

I could go on and on...Can't wait to let all my buddies that are doctors read your comments on how vets gave up the same as them. I am sure they will agree with you

10. spikke

spikke Veteran Member

What Red apparently doesn’t understand about Obamacare in his zeal to always rigidly adhere to the leftist talking points and blindly tow the Marxist line is that Obamacare will never get fully implemented, as the government will go into default long before that ever happens. Not to mention the enormous toll it will cost American competitiveness, including the millions of jobs that will inevitably be lost as a result. However, his moniker I must admit is very applicable.

1 person likes this.