Obama and Healthcare reform

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Saddam was our friend/ally one day and our sworn enemy the next. I could care less if he was killing his people over there. It didn't cost us a dime.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Everyone didn't lead that crusade, one man did. And Obama was not one who followed.

That was FIVE YEARS EARLIER, before USNCOM completed destroying the chemical weapons. :lol:

Untrue. UNSCOM, the agency that had spent 10 years destroying the WMD, reported authoritatively that here were no WMD's in Iraq and they were right.

Bush was hellbent on going back. Clinton had successfully contained and defanged Saddam with sanctions, WMD eradications, no-fly-zones, cruise missile attacks, and bombing, leaving him no threat to us, but a useful counter to Iranian ambitions. All of our allies agreed with this.

Translation: I didn't do the research and maybe you won't bother.

Translation: I can't argue what what you say.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You really should become educated on a subject before making a fool of yourself.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

was it "risk is the capitalist's favorite spectator sport"?

youve got it wrong. i want to pay for mine and help pay for others.

seems to me the real problem is the fact that the gov spent the money, not so much the general idea of SS.

i think they should mandate people save something like 10%, diversified, allowing withdrawls in certain cases before retirement age (kinda like most 401Ks)

who is ignoring it? that is a major concern, but the real cause of the countries financial problems are the debt, AND SS and Medicare.

im pretty sure all or very nearly all of them are educated. and they have time, access to information, access to expert opinions and access to debate with other representatives. of all of these, i only have an education and PERHAPS access to information.

they are working on it. perhaps eventually we'll have more doctors practicing medicine because they care more about people than money.

but you realize the real cost is the time. thats four years they are not making money but they still need to survive. only about half of their debt is tuition

more or less the same story with vets. but they dont have the same prospects to make money.

love the sig.

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Please do not talk to yourself on the forum. It scares some of us.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You are exactly right. But, what makes you think the pols can keep their paws off of healthcare set asides?

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Is it a lie if you think the information you are getting is accurate? Plus i don't really blame Bush as much as i blame Cheney, Rove, and Rummy. I honestly think Bush at first was victim of his father's previous administration, and that he finally grew a pair and stood up to them, too late. I believe W loves this country, i mean hell, where else would he be able to do cocaine for years then win the presidency, Columbia maybe?

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i had to look up "addlepate". i am not sure whether i will try to use it in conversation. people dont like it when you use words that you have to explain. they think you are a show-off.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

Columbia is the university where obama did drugs, Colombia is the country that sells cocaine to bush.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Yes, thank you, If I got it wrong I apologize.
    Maybe you should explain to me what you mean otherwise.
    The way I look at it is that the day you were born you are at risk.
    Life is about risk, we make decisions everyday that have consequences.
    There is even risk in socialized and communist countries.
    Who is talking about it besides me?
    No one from what I can tell?

It seems like some are hellbent on giving everyone a piece of the pie even if it destroys the country.
    What good will it do to give away the country, that will leave us vulnerable in one way or the other, we will be less secure.
    It seems to me that the logical thing to do is to get the economy and create jobs and the rest will happen.

YOU can't tax people to death or start a huge government program during a recession.
    That will absolutely undo anything the Stimulus ever did.

I don't think healthcare is a right either.
    If people are lazy and don't work they shouldn't sponge off of society.
    They can still go to the hospital according to the law and receive free services just like illegals.