News O fired Cam?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU Strength, Sep 26, 2016.

1. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

He made the right move. I applaud Coach O. It wasn't a power trip, he saw what the fans saw and wanted to put the players in a position to win. With Cam still calling the plays nothing changes.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No, if you're making O the HC you let him make the decision on assistants. It was surprisingly the right move by Alleva and really a no brainer for O. It also shows the team that at least for now, O is in charge and not just a figurehead. Smart move by Alleva IMO

MikeInLa and kluke like this.
  3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

If this is really an interview period for O; he just gave the right answer to the first question. I wonder how much advance notice he got. I agree with Twisted that the surprise here is Alleva making a smart move.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think O just wanted to pull the lever for the execution. I think he set this up. Lots of frustration from that side of the ball over the years.

I bet it was glorious.

yawyawyawpackyoshitbaw

He also fired that other little Michigan nerd I assume. Dingleberry

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

lol, is there anyone left in the booth? GA's, anybody?

6. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Ed O doesn't do offense so who does he have on staff that can change philosophy in midstream and make it work?

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Probably Craig, really isn't anyone else as far as different philosophy. Changing mid season would be hard for anyone. I think you'll see tweaks here and there but nothing drastic over night. However just better playcalling and a little less predictability could do wonders.

8. LSUDieHard

Kragthorp

9. roynav

roynav free your mind

Many of these coaches will be worried about their own jobs now. Some are probably already looking for another position and prone to partly checking out on LSU, especially if things go further south. How well does the staff get along? Do they like Orgeron? Is O popular with the other coaches? Are some of the coaches wondering why they were not made interim HC or OC and resentful? Why him and not me? Was Cameron liked by the other coaches? Did O fire their friend? The coaches need to be settled down too, not just the fans and players. If an interim HC is put in a position where his first move has to be firing coaches, that has potential to create division among the remaining coaches, a poisoned atmosphere and everybody not pulling the rope in the same direction. If the AD does it, no such potential for issues arise.

StaceyO likes this.
  10. LSUDieHard

I think you're reading to much into it. These guys aren't new to the coaching profession.

tirk likes this.