NSD Confidence Predictions

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 3, 2015.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I see it like this as of now and will update as info comes in.

Ranked in order of confidence:

Dillion (Switch from UF)
    Weathersby (Hearing Ole Miss is now putting big pressure on him given they just had a decommit but we hold IMO)
    Leo Lewis (Feeling good right now but given he is all over the place the confidence is slightly lower than guys above)

Prince Tega (If get the guys above we will hold the last spot for him and his late announcement)
    Gibson (LSU, OHst, Miami, and Auburn sent him a letter of intent to fax and he has visited all the last few weeks)

If Leo Lewis commits and either Price or Gibson want on board then Punter Growden gets greyshirt. This will be a lot clearer from a numbers standpoint after Gibson annouces. I think the staff will then know for sure how they will make the numbers work. Or no greyshirt to anyone if we lose someone currently committed. I don't see us losing anyone as of now.

Reid has an offer but leaning toward Stanford IMO.

Moreau doesn't have an offer but if we miss out on some above we could have an offer for him. That is the only way I see him not going to Tulane.

We could see some Juco sign and place come into play if we still have more than one spot left after NSD. The last spot will be reserved from Prince Tega unitl further notice.

tigerchick46 and LSUDad like this.
  2. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

My predictions repeated and haven't changed in 2+ weeks:
    Dillon to LSU
    Weathersby to LSU
    Lewis to LSU
    Gibson - not LSU
    Reid - Stanford
    Moreau - Tulane
    Growden - LSU and immediate scholarship, not greyshirt
    Prince Tega - flip a coin between LSU and Auburn

Psst, I did leave out CeCe Jefferson....pretend I never predicted him. :p Other than that, I'm doing fine...D Jackson, Arden Key, etc

tirk and cajdav1 like this.
  3. bhelmLSU

With Prince off the list it is looking less and less likely that somone would have to greyshirt since we will be at or under the 25.

Only way someone is forced to greyshirt is if by chance Dillion, Weathersby, Lewis, Gibson, Reid and/or Moreau all want on board. Counting back is also an option. All of the greyshirt and counting back usually is worked out later anyway.

EyeoftheTiger 2015 likes this.
  4. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Hunter P at Scout.com just updated his predictions...same as mine above and match a lot of peoples'. LSU gets Dillon, Weathersby, and Lewis. Reid to Stanford. Gibson to remain with Ohio State, Charlot to go back to Alabama. He didn't mention Moreau but the CBs on 24/7 are now starting to go Tulane. Personally, I never did understand why Moreau was a good fit at LSU. Oh wait, LSU is down to 9873 TEs on the roster and still never throw to any of them. :rolleyes: If LSU gets DD, TW, and LL, unless they can find some diamond in the rough, call it a day, and for stargazers, LSU should finish #4 in the 24/7 team rankings.

5. bhelmLSU

Moreau is more of a blocking TE target than receiving one. Good looking prospect who will need time to develop his body some more but has great bones to work with.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. EyeoftheTiger 2015

In that case, I have even more of a problem taking him as a TE. Here is what IMO LSU should do.
    1) decide if you want to throw to TEs
    2) if you want to, recruit pass receiving TEs, not a bunch of run blocking ones
    3) if you don't want to, stop recruiting TEs. If you feel "naked" not having a guy with an 80 something number of whatever on the end of the line, sign another OL, have them put on that jersey, and never throw to him...you know sort of what happens now :p

What has been absolutely insane is what Sean McDonough said during the Wisconsin game, "LSU has like 10,000 TEs on the roster and they never throw to them."...absolutely the line of the year IMO. But no one will ever convince me that a TE out of HS is as good of a blocker as an OL that they could sign instead if blocking is the goal. So if you want another blocker, sign another OL, not a TE. It makes 0 sense to do otherwise!

7. bhelmLSU

You think there is zero reason to have blocking TEs? Hmmm

8. bhelmLSU

Maybe a lot of pre NSD smoke but Lewis to Ole Miss seems to be gaining steam over MSU. The way he his recruitment has gone it wouldn't surprise me.

Also some OVC to Auburn with Prince Tega talk going on.

9. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Really, no evidence of Lewis to Ole Miss with 18 straight predictions by analysts on 24/7 to LSU....0 to Ole Miss....0 to Miss State in the last week. No evidence of any new Auburn predictions for OVC either on 24/7...0 since his verbal to LSU. Sounds like the typical "seeing ghosts" the day before NSD. See this every year. Glad I have my Ghostbuster glasses on!

10. bhelmLSU

I don't really follow crystal ball picks. But that Demetrius Warren guy who is closer than anyone to Lewis just changed his pick from LSU to Foggy. Think he picked LSU yesterday. Tigerlawyer who is usually money said watch Ole Miss. MSU and OM boards are driving themselves crazy just like Lewis wants it. LSU boards are following suit too.