Politics NRA More Popular than Obama, Clinton

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The gun wouldn't have been registered at the time she obtained it but with a registration law she would be legally required to register it. Is she is barely getting by on Social Security and lives in a state or city likely to impose high registration fees she probably couldn't afford the fee. She would have to either give it up or be labeled a criminal by a bad law. Just like you and I were once criminals by statue for possessing small amounts of marijuana.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Contrary to your imagination, Gun registration fees range from $5 to $25 with $10 being about average in places that have registration. Concealed carry permits can be much higher, of course,but those aren't needed to protect your home.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That doesn't mean that wacko leftwing nutjobs wouldn't seize on the opportunity to make the cost of registration prohibitive.

4. red55

Monkeys could fly out of your butt, too.

5. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

They absolutely are when it doesn't contradict the Constitution. Your 1st Amendment rights and my 2nd Amendment rights are not superseded by the 10th.

6. Tiger Exile

Do you really believe your own posts? California wants to micro register individual bullets. They have already almost eliminated lead and are on the forefront of ridiculous gun control laws designed to keep guns out of the hands of most of their citizens. I know you are smart so it is either direct dishonesty on your part or you choose not to believe that it could spread further.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A friend told me a few years ago that when he lived in California the law was if you had a gun on your car it had to be unloaded and in a locked box in the trunk. Ammunition had to be in a separate locked box.

Excuse me Mr serial killer while I open the trunk an unlock the boxes so I can load my gun.

8. red55

They are everybody's rights and nobody has made this claim. I think you want government control only when it pleases you.

9. red55

What do you think? Ya' got a point?

Why do you fear what Californians want to do in California? It's a free country, you don't have to live there. Vote and you won't have to do anything here just because California does. In this irrational fear of all gun safety laws you refuse to accept any common-sense measures.

10. Tiger Exile

You are full of shit. I don't have an irrational fear of all gun safety laws, you are putting words in my mouth amigo and you don't do it well. I moved to New York from Florida and we have irrational gun laws jammed on the people by a compact majority in the city who have chosen to give up their rights. My post was in response to the "when monkeys fly" dumbass comment by you pretending that in a free country, we might not see freedom disappear. If you are ok with a majority in California working to ban guns against the 2nd Amendment, then don't bitch when they fire your ass for being vocal in a University setting if the folks in the state don't agree with you.