Politics NRA More Popular than Obama, Clinton

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Oct 22, 2015.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

There is no "only Democrats" in that article. They reported what they chose to report, just as cnsnews.com reported this as "Americans favor the NRA" with no mention of any candidates.
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/poll-majority-american

Just as thehill.com spun the poll as a negative for the NRA
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/276327-poll-nras-popularity-dropping
    And just as CNN made the editorial decision not to report it at all

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Mostly they protect the rights of mass killers, gun runners, the gun manufacturers, and the 261 Congressmen that they own though massive donations.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

excellent point. i think i missed it initially.

4. red55

Thank you Captain Obvious. What do you think I was saying?

5. mctiger

I think you were cherry picking your points on the FOX story to fit your agenda, just as you did in this post that you are quoting. I stand by my original point....the fact that the NRA scored higher in the poll than GOP candidates is irrelevant, and you're smart enough to know why. And speaking of smart, you don't honestly believe the NRA wants to protect mass killers, do you?

Winston1 likes this.
  6. red55

Would that you were. I'm sorry I had to blow up your FOX article as biased and misleading, but tough shit.

No, that was rhetoric for the naive guy.

They don't want to enable mass killers, but neither will they accept slightest notion of any gun safety measures that might help address the situation either. I'm an owner of many guns, but the NRA does not represent me, it represent the gun manufacturers.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And people like me who make all donation and even people like you who own guns but would neverr give them a dime. The anti gun crowd is now trying to attack gun manufacturers by making it possible to sue them for the missuse of a product they make. That makes no more. sense than holding Chicago Cutlery responsible for someone getting stabbed with one of their knives. The gun manufacturers are under assualt and we should support them.

8. red55

Gun policy is not a black and white situation. There is room for compromise, and smart cooperation between the gun lobby and the anti-gun lobby. The NRA compromises on nothing, that is the problem.

9. mctiger

You haven't blown up a thing.... I've spent my life in the TV business, and there's nothing you can teach me about media biases. They (we) all have it, and everything they (we) report on has some degree of bias built in. That's why I pointed out a few other examples of how the same poll was reported by other sources. But only FOX's bias offends you.

10. red55

I never assumed that the other media was not biased. I simply pointed out article that was posted was biased. Geez. You are welcome to challenge any article you think is flawed. It's a political debate forum!