Now that it’s been a minute...2018 LSU Tigers early look

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 15, 2018.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Intellectually I can’t give LSU the benefit of doubt regarding future QB development until it happens. Too much history.

As far as using Brennan, it sure didn’t seem like O used the backup more than Miles. I remember thinking several times, why isn’t Brennan in now. Rumors say Canada wanted to play Brennan more. God I hope Eaux isn’t Miles 2.0.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

You better pray he is. The floor is the ceiling - mj

furduknfish likes this.
  3. tigerbait3

tigerbait3 Freshman

we can thankfully win quite a few games just based on talent. we play @ florida, @arkansas, and @a&m. how good those teams are with their new coaches will probably determine how our season goes.

i also think we handle miami in the opener. theyre still a year or two away talent wise and will probably have a new qb.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Defense is gonna have to play lights out in order for LSU to win games next season. LSU puts in their back up qb and we can’t even beat Troy, Alabama puts theirs in and they win a national championship. I don’t see LSU beating Miami next season or any big games unless the defense wins the game.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. tigerbait3

tigerbait3 Freshman

I have to think the defense will be lights out. Only thing that could affect that is the offense forcing them to be on the field the whole game, which is possible.

We will face 4 teams with good QBs - Auburn, Bama, UGA, and Ole Miss. The first 3 will be tough, but my grandmother will rush for 100+ on Ole Miss so Im not worried about that. Then we have games against teams with possible decent QBs, but more than likely average at best QB play. So, our defense should win those games.

Im guessing we will open as favorites over Miami.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    furduknfish likes this.
  6. lsu-i-like

Miles was just good enough. Best scenarios:
    1. Eaux rips and tears
    2. We get pre-Troy Eaux and it all collapses
    3. Eaux loses just enough to get Alleva fired
    99999. Eaux wins just enough for the nutless wonders to retain Alleva.

Pjoe and LSUpride123 like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

Man, if our offense is not significantly better I’m about ready to burn it all down.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. tigerbait3

tigerbait3 Freshman

I mean... it has to be better. The bad news with our talent/schedule - we will probably go 9-3 which is like 8-8 in the NFL. Not bad enough to fire a coach... not good enough for most to be happy. This will probably continue until 2024 when Alleva hires Ryan Perriloux to be HC.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I appreciate your optimism but this year’s schedule was an absolute cake walk compared to next years. Miami, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, UF, and A&M. I see every one of those as a loss unless the Defense just wins a few of them alone. Nothing I saw out of Brennan makes me believe he will just be an instant upgrade. And the O line I think would have been special if Clapp and Wethersby returned, but neither are and I don’t see how that’s an upgrade.

The very best players other than Greedy Williams and Devin White all decided to leave.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea but it’s not like the QB position in that a ton of youth played this year. Like, real snaps.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Bengal B likes this.